IGNORED

Works Performance VS, Hagaon

I am in need of replacing my rear shock on my 2005 Royal Star Tour Deluxe. I was about ready to purchase one from Works Performance when I learned that Hagon makes a shock that seems to have the same features as the Works Performance shock. Does anybody here have any experience with the Hagon shock, or have any feedback on whether or not it is as good as the Works Performance shock?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Tony

I put on the Hagon heavy Duty shock ($469 to my door) and am very happy with it. Near as I can tell... you get same as you get with the Works Shock at a much better price. Both rebuild-able, same warranty. No regrets with my Hagon!

Mine has been on for 20,000 miles or 1 1/2 years.

When you order a Hagon, they will ask you your weights and how you normally travel. For me I told them our weights and that I normally ride 2-up. I also said that probably 1/4 of my miles is pulling a fully loaded trailer.

As I understand... anyone who normally rides 2-up will most likely benefit from the HD version which is $469. I think the standard is only $399

I put a heavy duty Hagon on my RSV this spring. It was awesome at first but I noticed that it started to fail when on a trip heavily loaded down riding 2 up pulling a trailer. On that trip I had to increase the dampening 1/2 dozen times to keep the back from bouncing, and I have done it a few times since. The shock is failing and I only have about 7000 miles on it. I will go for warranty when I have time.....

Please don't let my negative experience with this shock sway you, tons of riders on this forum have them and mine seems to be the first dud.

I have not changed mine on my RSV but I did have Works shocks on my Yamaha Grizzly quad and they were great. I know they are pricey but many times you do get what you pay for. I'm not saying the Hagon is bad and is most likely an upgrade from stock but Works is a fine product.

I've got over 15,000 on my Hagon shock. I ride 2 up and pull a bunkhouse camper. Fantastic shock if I say so myself. I can't see how a works shock could be better. It's just twice the cost. Hagon is an old English Racing Suspension Company, well known throughout Europe for their quality suspensions

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey guys, Just got my Hagon shock for my 2006 RS Venture because it leaks like everyone elses. Question is, how do you adjust the preload spring and the dampening set screw after it's installed on the bike? I haven't changed mine just yet but I'm curious how to do that. Do you need to do it before installation and leave it?? Do I need to take the fender off or something to get the wrench in there? Any advise would be great!!

Pretty much the spring controls ride height. On the bottom of the shock you can see what looks like a set screw. Directions will tell you which way does what. Normally Hagon sets them per your order prior to shipment. My advice is to install the shock so the set screw adjustment is facing the right side of bike. That way when resting on side stand you have more room to get in there and click the shock.