IGNORED

My Ride If Anyone wants to Join

Rick Haywood

I am in Pensacola and will be leaving Monday and riding to Robinsville NC spending Monday Night. Leaving and riding around going over the dragon. The foothills parkway across the blueridge then riding the diamonback then on to grandfather mountain. I will spend tuesday night in Boone NC. Wednesday I am going across us 421 to shady valey TN. I am then going to cut up through WV back roads heading to parkersburg. From there I will be taking 555 in ohio working my way to Norwalk oh. Plan on beingin Norwalk no later than supper time Thursday. Do some riding with my cousin on Friday. Then I believe I might turn around and ride

to Guntersville AL. So if anyone lives along the area I am riding and wants to meet up for a little ride or a meal or coffee let me know and I will meet you ata place of your choosin:thumbsup2:

Rick, if you need a place to stay Wednesday night I've got a spare bedroom... I'm about 30 miles south of Parkersburg,WV just off of Rt#77. (4 hours away from your destination the quick way).

Your also invited to stay here Saturday night as I'm heading down to Guntersville early Sunday morning.

Hoping maybe the warden is doing good and Yammer Dan can come.:stickpoke:

Slowrollwv is also signed up so maybe we could meet somewhere along the way.:stickpoke:

And, you just know Skid want's to go, but, he's keeping mum for some reason... :stirthepot:

Come Jeff, is it the Harley? Hey, at least you still have ole dependable, don't ya? :stickpoke::rotf::whistling:

I also have 20 full hookup camping sites with bathhouse. for any of our members to use, free of charge, for this event.

Edited by CaptainJoe

Hi rick glad to see your feeling better, Debbie and I rode 555 over the fourth of july great road super nice area and found some great roads in ohio and west Virginia hope you make it to Guntersville. Really enjoyed meeting you last year in Galena Ride safe. Joe:)

Rick, if you need a place to stay Wednesday night I've got a spare bedroom... I'm about 30 miles south of Parkersburg,WV just off of Rt#77. (4 hours away from your destination the quick way).

Your also invited to stay here Saturday night as I'm heading down to Guntersville early Sunday morning.

Hoping maybe the warden is doing good and Yammer Dan can come.:stickpoke:

Slowrollwv is also signed up so maybe we could meet somewhere along the way.:stickpoke:

And, you just know Skid want's to go, but, he's keeping mum for some reason... :stirthepot:

Come Jeff, is it the Harley? Hey, at least you still have ole dependable, don't ya? :stickpoke::rotf::whistling:

I also have 20 full hookup camping sites with bathhouse. for any of our members to use, free of charge, for this event.

Thank you. I might take you up on both offers I will keep in touch. :thumbsup2:b

I am in Pensacola and will be leaving Monday and riding to Robinsville NC spending Monday Night. Leaving and riding around going over the dragon. The foothills parkway across the blueridge then riding the diamonback then on to grandfather mountain. I will spend tuesday night in Boone NC. Wednesday I am going across us 421 to shady valey TN. I am then going to cut up through WV back roads heading to parkersburg. From there I will be taking 555 in ohio working my way to Norwalk oh. Plan on beingin Norwalk no later than supper time Thursday. Do some riding with my cousin on Friday. Then I believe I might turn around and ride

to Guntersville AL. So if anyone lives along the area I am riding and wants to meet up for a little ride or a meal or coffee let me know and I will meet you ata place of your choosin:thumbsup2:

Give me a call if you want to meet up.I live 2 miles from the diamondback.From your directions you will be riding down the diamondback.We could meet up and I can show you a twisty road back to the parkway that is just as nice as the diamondback.Will be good to see you again.

Give me a call if you want to meet up.I live 2 miles from the diamondback.From your directions you will be riding down the diamondback.We could meet up and I can show you a twisty road back to the parkway that is just as nice as the diamondback.Will be good to see you again.

It's a deal I will give you a call from the Asheville area on tuesday

Rick,

If this is the route you are thinking let me know. I think I could ride with you as far as Tazewell. VA

Yes I know that I made this route backward from the way you are traveling, but see if you can follow and let me know your thoughts.

As always the Shoemaker Inn is always open in Ellijay, Ga.

Map Link Below

http://binged.it/1wEqEMk

Brian Shoemaker

AKA Cowboy

I live in Waynesville NC and have a couch that you are welcome too. New to the area and don't know if it would be a " on the way " place for you.

Angel:thumbsup2:

I live in Waynesville NC and have a couch that you are welcome too. New to the area and don't know if it would be a " on the way " place for you.

Angel:thumbsup2:

Great I appreciate the offer. I will see how close I come and let you know:thumbsup2:

Wrong time for me this time.

My father-in-law lives in Robbinsville. Would have been nice to take a trip to visit him and ride a bit with you too. But, he'll be coming here next week end, so my visit up that way will have to wait for a another month or so.

Hope you have an eventful and safe ride.

Rick West Virginia DOT shows a lot of road work to start 7/21/14 on WV#16

WV ROUTES 16 and COUNTY ROUTE 9

WORK ZONES

07/21/2014

07/25/2014

Maintenance Project

Notes: Patching of Bituminous Pavements

WV ROUTES 16

WORK ZONES

07/21/2014

07/25/2014

Maintenance Project

Notes: Pull Shoulders or Ditches---Paved Roadway

WV ROUTE 16

WORK ZONES

07/21/2014

07/25/2014

Maintenance Project

Notes: Pavement Markings

WV ROUTE 16

WORK ZONES

07/21/2014

07/25/2014

Maintenance Project

Notes: Sign Installation/Maintenance

WV ROUTE 16

WORK ZONES

07/21/2014

07/25/2014

Maintenance Project

Notes: Pull Shoulders or Ditches---Paved Roadway

Bryan

Edited by bryan52577

This is one of my all time favorite roads. And I live in an area with MANY nice roads. The section from Marion, VA to Tazewell, VA is refered to as the Back of the Dragon. As you approach Tazewell, stop at Thompsons Country Store if you like t-shirts and stickers. The entire ride all the way to Beckley, WV is a great ride. I have never rode it to Charleston. But Charleston is only a short bit away.

While in the area, north of Beckley on RT19 is Fayetteville, WV. There is located the New River Gorge Bridge. Worth a stop. Also a ride under bridge is good. Dinner at Dirtie Ernies Rib Pit in Fayetteville is always on my to do list. After Fayetteville, head north on 19 to Rt60 West. That will take you into Charleston. Sfter you turn onto Rt60, be sure to stop at the Hawk Nest State Park gorge overlook.

Enjoy!

Gary

Anyone know anything about hwy 16 in wv. I am thinking about riding it from Marion, NC up to Charlestn WV it is on the americas best moyorcycle roads. Looks fun

A friend of mine just told me about a neat little diner along Rt16 I hadn't stopped at before.

Sterling Diner in Welch, WV. They said the food and service was good, and a neat atmosphere..

If you happen to hit this town around meal time... might be worth a stop.

Anyone know anything about hwy 16 in wv. I am thinking about riding it from Marion, NC up to Charlestn WV it is on the americas best moyorcycle roads. Looks fun

Passes in front of my house!! And past the States Maxium Security Prison.....:whistling: