IGNORED

True feel good story

XV1100SE

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don, I'm very happy and excited for Nancy. This is something that she has been thinking about, so it is great that the two of you worked together.

It sounds like you are keeping her adoptive parents in the loop as well which may alleviate any concerns or doubts they may be feeling. Communication is key and the two of you are doing a great job.

I wish everyone involved all the best.

THIS IS FANTASTIC STUFF DON - thanks again for considering us family and for including us in this awesome journey! Please do update this thread as the story continues,, I cannt wait to hear all about the wonderful outcome that you and Nancy are headed for!!

Best wishes to all of you!

It seems like lately lifes "news" is always sad and painful,, THIS is refreshing for an old guy like me:backinmyday:

Puc

Over the past couple days, Nancy and her birth mother have been talking on the phone, text messaging and on Facebook.

Nancy now has her birth mother, Uncle Larry, and a half-brother on Facebook and is getting to know the family. Things are very positive and everyone is eager to meet her.

This is going to be a fun process !

The reception Nancy has gotten from the birth family is AMAZING ! They WANT a connection with her, even though they have been separated for 44 years ALL of them say she has ALWAYS been a part of the family.

Nancy now has her adopted mother, birth mother, birth uncles/aunts, 1/2 brother on her Facebook friends list. The text messages and phone calls have been daily.

Oh...and Nancy's birth GRANDMOTHER called her tonight to say how happy she is to have her back and that she is ready to rent a hall so she can meet the ENTIRE family !!!!!

Nancy talked to her mother and father (adopted parents) and gave them another update. We asked them what they think of all this and as typical parents they are happy for Nancy. They know that they are Nancy's PARENTS and always will be. Heck...Nancy's mother even added Nancy's birth mother to her friends list on Facebook !!!!

Each day seems more amazing than the previous. That Nancy has received such a welcoming from her birth family is beyond words and expectations.

Nancy has been getting emails/phone calls/texts from everyone in her birth family. Evenings her cell phone is going off constantly. Still amazed at the reception and attention she has been getting.

Her birth mother asked her last night if we could come to Edmonton for Saturday August 16th. I started looking at options for getting out there the least expensive way and shortest time frame so looks like we'd end up flying out on the 15th and come back on the 18th. Now to come up with $1600 to cover the flight and figure out where we'd stay.

This is moving so fast...but after 44 years for Nancy... can't come fast enough.

Flight is booked. Mid August we go to meet the family !

For Nancy each day is better than the day before. Highs and lows for emotions though. Hard to describe but Nancy says she has discovered new feelings of happiness and is feeling more "complete".

All the attention will be focused on Nancy that weekend so I'll be there to take pictures and watch her as she is swarmed with family, tears of joys.... this will be amazing !

• 3 weeks later...

Give you an idea of the reception we received...at the family gathering on Saturday, one of Nancy's Aunts arrived and was out the door of the van before it came to a full stop and RAN to where Nancy was to meet her for the first time.

Nancy and her mother went to visit her grandmother on Sunday. Had a great visit!

This has been a great experience for me so I can only imagine what this has been for Nancy. As an adoptee she never knew her ancestry and took on the family that adopted her. Now she is finding out about her birth heritage. I can't imagine living for so many years before finding out your roots. No wonder she says she feels more "complete" now.

Talking with Nancy's birth mother ... she has said that she always felt that something was missing all her life and incomplete. Her husband says that he sees the changes in her since she and Nancy reconnected.

This is just the start of Nancy reconnecting with her birth family....

If this is such a " Feel Good " story, how come my eyeball is leaking???

Congratulations on doubling your family size. And may you also have some happy eyeball leaks.

Yep, my eyes are too. Wife ask what I was reading that got to me without any apparent provocation.

Congrats on the meeting going as well as it did, meeting new relative for the first time can be scary.

I met my Grand-daughter for the first time when she was almost 8 years old. That was scary enough

• 10 months later...

Figured it was past the time for an update...as a few members asked me how things were going during maintenance day....

It was a year ago that Nancy made contact with her birth family and it has been a year of a lot of firsts. First time she ever spoke with her Mother, Grandmother, Aunts, Uncles, 1/2 brothers/sister....first time she ever met any of them, first time talking to her Mother on the phone on Thanksgiving/Christmas/birthdays... the list goes on.

As you may have seen in another thread, after being together for 10 years, Nancy and I got married last Friday and had the reception at our home on Saturday. Nancy's birth mother (Norine) flew in from Edmonton on Thursday and is staying with us until this Thursday. It was amazing to have Nancy's adopted parents (Ed and Joyce) and birth other with us for the ceremony on Friday. At the reception Norine was initially surprised when VR members introduced to her told her they knew the the story.

Considering this is only the second time that Nancy and Norine have physically been together (other than at birth) the two of them act like mother and daughter that have been together forever. I'm back to work and Nancy is off this week to spend time with her mother to talk and really get to know each other....but the bond between them couldn't be stronger. I know there will be a lot of tears when Norine has to get on the plane to head home on Thursday.

After dinner last night I took Norine for a ride on my bike and afterwards the three of us sat on the deck talking. Tonight we are going to Ed and Joyce's for dinner. This week long visit with Norine is going way too fast.

I'll post some pictures as soon as I can. With Nancy and I getting married we've been in front of the camera rather than behind it.

This saga in our life has been amazing. I couldn't be happier for Nancy and Norine.

Had a bbq at Nancy's parents last night and had a great time. Nice to see the two mothers and her father together along with Nancy's kids.

Today, Nancy and Norine are off to Niagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake today. Great weather, nice temps...and just the two of them !

Pictures from last night's bbq

The three generations of females...from left side - Nancy, Joyce (adopted mother), Amber (Nancy's daughter), Norine (birth mother)

Group picture - from left side - Norine, Nancy, Joyce, Ed (adopted father), James (Nancy's son). Back row from left - me, Amber

Nancy - 3 generations.jpg

Nancy - everyone.jpg