IGNORED

Need to try a trike

Mike,

R&R Trikes in Jasper, GA.

Complete Cycles in Rome, Ga.

As mentioned from other riders here the quick ride is not the way to test ride. Do your research on the mechanics and the rack you need. Storage needs. Then see if someone will rent you one for the weekend. I have been looking for one for my father who is a million mile Goldwing rider. We did a twenty mile test ride and we both came back and said this is not for us. But the more I hear and talk to guys who have converted over to riding a trike the more I realize that it needs to be a two day or even three day trial. Going in with the realization that it does not drive like the two wheels but is still more stable and has a small learning curve.

Best of Luck.

Cowboy

:think: Well, did we ever try one yet?:think:

Also what is a REAL REVERSE ?:whistling:

Yep, just got back from Coach Rice trikes.

He took me for a ride on a goldwing and showed me some of what they are capable of. That was the first time I have EVER been on the back of a bike. :shock3: He then let me take it out for myself and then I took Shirley for a ride. It's definatly different from 2 wheels but not a bad experiance. I think I'll get used to it pretty quick.

We're pulling the trigger a a full kit, running boards, auxilery tank, trailer hitch, reverse and a hitch. Shirley is working on finance as I type. I should be 3 wheeling in 5 or 6 weeks.

On a side note, I've questioned myself a few times as to whether I had made the right choice buying the RSV over the wing. I wont do that again. Talk about cramped. I now know for certain the RSV was the right choice for me.

WIfe and I wanted a trike. looked far and wide for a used one, everything we found was mucho$$$. More than I was willing to part with.

We found a 'Wing with a Champion sidecar, as Brian said earlier,, I never rode in one or drove one before I bought this. We love it, the wife has began to beg me to take her riding again(like she really needs to, but I "let" her beg me just for appearances), which is something that dwindled several years ago. Since we bought this, for roughly half of what you mention a trike kit is, her bike has not even been started, nor has my Vulcan. We did a week trip back in May, we cut it short at 4 days since we had already ridden everywhere we intended on going before ending up at home. Yep, wing and sidecar made a week long trip in 4 days, no shaving og miles either.

Only thing I DON'T like is when I stop for a redlight or traffic, I forget to stand up and stretch my legs and bad hip and knee.

Congrads on your triking decision Mike. All of your options will be well worth the cost IMO. Especially reverse with the running boards. . Love mine. Oh sure I still generally park the bike so it can be moved with out the reverse, unless I'm wanting to show off. :rotf:

Anyhow welcome to the third wheel world.

Larry

Thanks guys. I really appreciate all the comments and suggestions.

We should be putting the finishing touches on the deal tomorrow. I'm a little excited yet worried. I've been riding two wheels a very long time and done just about anything you can imagine on them. Moving away from them seems kinda wrong but I know I'm doing the right thing. Shirley and I are no where near ready to give up riding but know my knees are going. I want to go ahead and do this before a knee gives out I drop it with he on back. That would kill me......or maybe SHE would kill me.

Anyway, I'll update here as it progresses.

It's gona look kinda funny running around with one saddlebag for awhile.

My wife never thought she would

A) like sitting that low either,

B) not riding her own but she loves it and I will take advantage of her new found desire to ride again at any chance I get.

Good luck and riding withe the trike, on the flip side of the coin, they hold their value very well if desire to trade up or sell ever strikes you.

We sold our mustang because it sat too low for her.

We traded the crown vic because it sat too low for her

Moved up to a full size suv because the CRV sat too low for her.

Ain't no way shes moving closer to the ground.

Plus she likes the 360 degree view she has by siting on back of the bike. I'm certain she would lose that sitting beside it.

We went to 3 wheels after I dropped the bike in the driveway and Robin fell off and broke a rib. Wasn't to crazy about it at first, but now we wouldn't have it any other way. We will ride until they have to lift our dead body's off the trike. Or until I can't remember how to start the thing. Which will probably come first.

hey Mike does this mean we going triking at Asheville :080402gudl_prv:

Coach Rice wants one of my saddle bags for color match on 8/4 and he will take delivery of my kit on 8/18. He should be done with the install by 8/23 or early the next week.

So no, no triking in Asheville. In fact I'll be kinda naked without bags.

So far I'm really impressed with Coach Rice and Hannigan. You'd think I was their only customer.

Hannigan gave me a welcome over on trike talk and let me know they had my order before Coach Rice could get back in touch with me. :happy65: