IGNORED

Speed Bleeders What size?

I ordered the SB8125L from Amazon for my Venture and the SB8125L-L from the V4 market for my Magna. They were the exact same thing other than the ones from the V4 market cost less and came with the rubber caps. They don't seem too long.

I ordered the SB8125L from Amazon for my Venture and the SB8125L-L from the V4 market for my Magna. They were the exact same thing other than the ones from the V4 market cost less and came with the rubber caps. They don't seem too long.

One that will be too long is the one for the clutch slave. The longer type will make it a PITA getting the rubber cover to fit back on. Order the SB8125... The rest will take the L.

I was confused because when I looked them up they came in 8mm and 10mm. Now I didn't know if they where talking about length or diameter or what, just totally confused me.:think:

It's the diameter, and all 1stGens take the 8125 series bleeder... The stem lengths are reg, L, LL. The reg for the clutch, and the L...because it makes it a little easier to put the plastic drain line over... for the calipers.

• 7 months later...
I am adding speed bleeders soon, like in the next day or so with the temps we have coming, should I use my mighty vac to bleed or pump, or both?

My opinion, so take it for what it's worth.

When using speed bleeders, I like the pump better and I like to pump a lot of fluid as fast I can, without running the reservoir dry. I like to do this as with brake fluid, there seems to be enough viscosity to push air bubbles down the line into the caliper and then they will bleed out. If you pump too slow, the bubbles will rise back up the line and stay in the system.

Also, this is on an 83 and I do not have a bleed valve in the top of my triple tree as the MKII's do.

Randy