IGNORED

cant figure this out and tired of walking

she will fire and run with it fully choked i let off the choke and she dies i try to give it throtle when choked and she trys to die i let off the choke and throtle it up and she hangs in for a couple of seconds and dies any ideas im lost and been walking to and from work for the last 3 weeks 8 mi. round trip and im to proud to ask for a ride i just want my bike to run right on a good note im getting excellent gas milage and exersize but now i really feel the steel plates in my leg now i can work my choke just like the throtle its all backwards

Sounds like the pilot jets are plugged. Just guessing. Maybe it needs a carb rebuild. I would put a bottle of cleaner in the tank. Everybody recommends seafoam. I've used Valvoline complete fuel system cleaner in one of my bikes with success. I think I would use gumout with regane on the label.

Walking that much you won't have to worry about your cholesterol level!

I ran Seafoam for several tanks and I still got "tired gas" performance. Bogs down under acceleration, it goes but it ain't right. I'm going to tear down all the carbs, soak them in carb solvent (not the floats though) and put them in my brand new (never touched by human beings/built by monkeys in space) Harbor Freight 2.5 qt. ultra-sonic cleaner with some HOT water in it. Then blow all the passages out with compressed air, re-assemble and beg Peder to re-sync them for me.

:stirthepot:

:mytruck1:

I know lot of folks on here swear by Seafoam and it is good stuff....but the absolute better dang stuff I have ever ran across is made by company named Conklin and is called...4Power....kind of hard to find and not cheap but it has worked for me when nothing else would.....never fouled any plugs on anything I've had.

You might have a major vacuum leak. Spray around the intake boots and all the YISC vacuum tubes with starting fluid or WD40 and see if your idle increases. If the YICS system has been removed check the four vacuum port plugs. These are not where your sync tubes hook up in the intake tubes but they are bigger ports in the head itself , the front left and rear right cylinders are on the inboard side. The other thing may be the O-rings under the intake boots.

Good luck

I know lot of folks on here swear by Seafoam and it is good stuff....but the absolute better dang stuff I have ever ran across is made by company named Conklin and is called...4Power....kind of hard to find and not cheap but it has worked for me when nothing else would.....never fouled any plugs on anything I've had.

When I was active duty we had a company come in to give us some education and they did a product demo; it was Bearing and Gear, "BG" they sell their stuff at our local NAPAs but maybe it's NAPA wide. They had a gas treatment and a product to clean diesel injectors and intake valves that was outta this world! They brought in bore scopes and showed us how to use it and how well it worked. That stuff is the (you know what)!

I don't know if it's safe for foam carb floats...when the can says safe for all cars and trucks fuel systems they're not necessarily good for motorcycles too ya know?

Edited by dna9656

When I was active duty we had a company come in to give us some education and they did a product demo; it was Bearing and Gear, "BG" they sell their stuff at our local NAPAs but maybe it's NAPA wide. They had a gas treatment and a product to clean diesel injectors and intake valves that was outta this world! They brought in bore scopes and showed us how to use it and how well it worked. That stuff is the (you know what)!

I don't know if it's safe for foam carb floats...when the can says safe for all cars and trucks fuel systems they're not necessarily good for motorcycles too ya know?

I have used BG in an 08 that sat for 3 years with untreated gas. The can it comes in was not resealable at the time so I put the whole can in it. After running the bike long enough to ensure it was in the carbs I let it sit for a couple of days. It ran much better. I also gave it a shot of Beryman's B12 for a couple of more tanks and never had any trouble with it.

As far as I could tell there was no issue with component compatability as far as the BG is concerned.

Check you vacuum plugs on the sync tubes for cracks and leaks. I have seen these cause issue with idle. I have also used a method of cleaning the carbs on the bike called "Shooting the Shotgun". http://vmax.lvlhead.com/tips/shotgun.htm

The Vmax guys use it on their carbs. I did this to mine as I had #1 carb not responding to idle screw changes or sync changes, but after doing this, no issues.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Rick F.

the diaphram in the fuel pump are shot the reason for the new pump and many vac leaks but the tci is a loaner from Squidly its one of dingys ignitech tci the one he ran on tweety i am going to try shotgunning the carbs one at a time im scared when i open the diaphrams up i will find rips in it but im hoping for the worst in this case so if no rips then greate but not likely on a 30 yr old bike

almost done walking :rotf::rotf::rotf::cool10::cool10::cool10::bighug:its been sitting for 2 weeks with a very heavy dose of berrymans in it every day i crank it at full choke she will run but no other way well now i have as of today been running it with no choke but she does not idle on her own im almost at 1 bar on the guage but she is running better now hope to be riding tomorrow :cool10::cool10::cool10::fingers-crossed-emo:fingers-crossed-emo

fuel im now almost out of gas now and its running much much better now had to adjust the idle screw up so she will idle on her own while she sits but still much better now the ide jets need to be cleaned with the seafoam stuff

I ran Seafoam for several tanks and I still got "tired gas" performance. Bogs down under acceleration, it goes but it ain't right. I'm going to tear down all the carbs, soak them in carb solvent (not the floats though) and put them in my brand new (never touched by human beings/built by monkeys in space) Harbor Freight 2.5 qt. ultra-sonic cleaner with some HOT water in it. Then blow all the passages out with compressed air, re-assemble and beg Peder to re-sync them for me.

:stirthepot:

:mytruck1:

do not soak carbs in some solvents. As some damage rubber parts. There are rubber throttle shaft seals. Once those are bad. Your sunk! BEST thing to do is BACK FEED Berrymans or similar cleaner thru the carb drain hoses. If it's varnish...it will eat it in minutes