IGNORED

Ontario Hwy 407 - Can 407 Camera catch the Plate?

PD1313

Good afternoon to all!

Questions for Ontario riders - our rear license plates are tucked in pretty deep under the rear trunk on the RSVs...

Can the 407 Toll cameras catch the plate or is the angle too steep?

(crosses fingers and awaits response!)

Thanks!:fingers-crossed-emo

Edited by PD1313

Came thru last Sept. My RSV with extra light bar under trunk and my buddy on his HD Softail. Neither of us got anything in the mail He had a tail bag on the rack so maybe that helped him. Or they didnt want to pay postage to send it to us. :confused24:

I hear it helps to ride closer to the line when crossing under the camera. Don't know really, I only support the highway when it suits me, and that is not very often.

I know if you have snow on your rear bumper from backing into a snow drift, and it's covering the plate, you get no mail!!

Stock 2nd gen will get hit with the ticket. If you have a light bar they can no longer see it.

Sauder's Trailers in St. Jacobs sells a nice little light ($ 40.00) I am trying to make a small bracket now.

Brad

What the others have said is correct. I got charged on my Venture, and immediatley put on the rear brake light bar that attaches to the underside of the trunk. It looks great, adds more braking lights and the best part, NO MORE CHARGE ON THE 407

Good luck with your decision and enjoy your riding

Took the 407 a few weeks back on my 1st gen with a led light bar under the trunk. Maybe I will get lucky, especially as I got on the 407 by mistake because I wasn't paying enough attention.

Thought this was interesting...

The 407 is operated privately under a 99-year lease agreement with the provincial government. The lease was sold to a consortium of Canadian, Spanish and Australian interests operating under the name 407 International Inc. for approximately $3.1 billion in 1999. The company is owned by Cintras Infraestructuras S.A., a subsidiary of Ferrovial S.A, and partially owned by subsidiaries of the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and Montreal-based engineering firm SNC-Lavalin

This coming from a Deputy Dawg????? I'm impressed!:stirthepot:

Funny guys........

When I say immediately, I meant I searched for some information on this site and got the great advice of the added break light. Yes, yes that was the reason, I immediately bought it and had it installed at Freebirds Maintenance Day.

What a great site this is. Not only can it help you solve problems with your bike, but save money too.

Brad, I would send money, but they don't send me a bill any more. :whistling::confused24: