IGNORED

LED Headlight

midnightrider1300

confusing to say the least....especially since most older threads tend to elaborate as time progresses...lots of link jumping to get to todays state of the art.

Anyone have a cut and past that will fit into 1 reply box as to whats needed to convert to LED. Mainly to lower power draw. Not lookign to compete with the noon sun.

Installed Cree LED from Canadiancruiser.com. I recommend the light, but, not the Company. Left a lot to be desired with customer service. Left me holding the bag on defective unit.

..........This website, Canadiancruiser.com, is no longer in use.............5/23/15

Edited by bill4you502

I got the H4 Led replacement bulb. I can not recommend them at least not the one I got for around $60. You have to run it on high beam at night just to see a little ways down the road and when you dim the lights the blue dash light does not go out it just dims also. Most people said in the daylight on dim they could not even tell my headlight was on.

Thats the way they are made, the LED is in that bottom part behind a mirror finish and is reflected by the back off the lamp.

attachment.php?attachmentid=82233&d=1393096501

:canada:

They really light up the sides and immediate area in front. I had to tilt them up a bit from normal...a pain with the OEM buckets, but, doable!!!!

does any1 here have a LED hedlight on their bike? I had the HID on my old bike and loved it, I have found a great deal on a LED kit for $89.00 http://www.light-pros.com/motorcycle-led-headlight-kit/ any thoughts?

Whatever you do, stay away from these guys! They're nothing more than a bunch of lying thieves. First they went by the name, HID Country, now they go by Light Pros. They are anything BUT professional. They will tell you they are not the same people, but are. I went rounds with them about a ballast that went bad after only a month. I finally got a second one that they said was a direct replacement. It wasn't. All my emails were ignored. When I called, I was told one would be sent right out, a month later, nothing. I called again and went through the same thing again. Finally after months of getting nowhere I asked to talk to the owner. which turned out to be the first guys brother. So I knew this was going to be a fun conversation. One of the first things out of hiss mouth was how he hated complainers. Referring to me. Then he proceeded to play the race card and accused me of being a racist when I said, "you people keep lying to me". Apparently when a person says, "you people" they are referring only to blacks, and he took offense to it. I was really curious how I was supposed to know what color he was when I was only talking to him on the phone and not there in person. Then it only got uglier from there.

I have an H4 LED headlight here that I tried if you would like to give it a try. It was plenty bright, but the pattern was more of a flood than a spot patter that I was looking for. Its plug and play also by the way. I went back to a HID headlight. This time I went with a 55w, which I like much better than the 35w.

Bill

I went with the HID headlight from Light-Pro. I got the 35 watt bi-xeon h-4 at 6000k and it was under $40.00.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you have beer luck with them than I did. That's the same package I went with the first time around. I'm much happier with my 55w now.

I got my 35W HID from HID Country before they went bad. I bought 7 sets of HID from them for various applications. It is still working fine after 4 years. When this one goes out I will get a 55W HID as the 55W HID is noticeably brighter than the 35W HID when I made the switch on my truck.

As Bummer said; The LEDs do put out a LOT of light. But your reflector and lens do not focus the LED light well. Right in front of you will be very bright. Down the road, not so much.

The HID or Stock halogen bulbs both have a light producing element that emits light in all directions. The lens and reflector are designed to capture all of this light and sent it on down the road in a designed beam pattern.

The LED lights the light is emitted from just one side of a disc. because of this, half of the beam is missing or not filled in properly, the emitting area of the high power LEDs is also bigger than the emitting area of a halogen or HID so what is there is not focused correctly.

The LED technology has advanced to the point of being bright enough for a headlight, but only if used in a headlight that is designed to work with the unique way a LED produces light.

The other thing to watch for, SOME of the LED headlight replacement bulbs will (according to their own printed specs) draw MORE power than the halogen you are replacing. LED does not automatically mean low power consumption.

I installed the Trucklite par 36 passing lights and am pleased with them. I also installed the CREE LED headlight kit with good results, although, I cannot recommend canadiancruisercustomizing.com for poor response to warranty issues.

Edited by bill4you502

I got my 35W HID from HID Country before they went bad. I bought 7 sets of HID from them for various applications. It is still working fine after 4 years. When this one goes out I will get a 55W HID as the 55W HID is noticeably brighter than the 35W HID when I made the switch on my truck.

As Bummer said; The LEDs do put out a LOT of light. But your reflector and lens do not focus the LED light well. Right in front of you will be very bright. Down the road, not so much.

The HID or Stock halogen bulbs both have a light producing element that emits light in all directions. The lens and reflector are designed to capture all of this light and sent it on down the road in a designed beam pattern.

The LED lights the light is emitted from just one side of a disc. because of this, half of the beam is missing or not filled in properly, the emitting area of the high power LEDs is also bigger than the emitting area of a halogen or HID so what is there is not focused correctly.

The LED technology has advanced to the point of being bright enough for a headlight, but only if used in a headlight that is designed to work with the unique way a LED produces light.

The other thing to watch for, SOME of the LED headlight replacement bulbs will (according to their own printed specs) draw MORE power than the halogen you are replacing. LED does not automatically mean low power consumption.

Flyinfool hit the nail right on the head!:smash2:

Well they are claiming it has a lifetime warranty.

But when they were HID Country they sold lifetime warranties and extended warranties and then when the claims start coming in, they close shop and reopen under a new name voiding all of those PAID FOR warranties.

Check out this LED,,, I have one on my 2001 RSV and I love it!! :lightbulb:

http://www.customizethatride.com/product/fusion-led-replacement-motorcycle-headlight-bulb/

Steve

does any1 here have a LED hedlight on their bike? I had the HID on my old bike and loved it, I have found a great deal on a LED kit for $89.00 http://www.light-pros.com/motorcycle-led-headlight-kit/ any thoughts?