IGNORED

My "parts" are turnin purple! HELP!

My private parts just can't take it any more.

I know there's a guy somewhere in the US who will custom carve the guts of a stock saddle....but I think I heard his price is in the 65-75 dollar range.

It'd probably cost me that much again to ship my hunk of vinyl and rubber down and back from way up here in Canada, so I'm wondering if anybody's come up with a cure for the "joint jammin" nature of the Gen 2 Venture's stock saddle. Mine's an 03 Midnight...not that it's probably a whole lot different from many other vintages.

Not meaning to brag or anything; there just doesn't seem to be room at the front end of the saddle for all THIS rider's bits and pieces.

Anybody got a "poor man's" (read: cheap bugger's) solution to this (has to be) common problem? (I've got a trip to the Dragon in mind for July....so I REALLY don't wanna do 28 hours of riding in 7 days with Willy and the Po Boys cryin out in pain!)

Thanks,

Mike

I know there's a guy somewhere in the US who will custom carve the guts of a stock saddle....but I think I heard his price is in the 65-75 dollar range.

It'd probably cost me that much again to ship my hunk of vinyl and rubber down and back from way up here in Canada, so I'm wondering if anybody's come up with a cure for the "joint jammin" nature of the Gen 2 Venture's stock saddle. Mine's an 03 Midnight...not that it's probably a whole lot different from many other vintages.

Not meaning to brag or anything; there just doesn't seem to be room at the front end of the saddle for all THIS rider's bits and pieces.

Anybody got a "poor man's" (read: cheap bugger's) solution to this (has to be) common problem? (I've got a trip to the Dragon in mind for July....so I REALLY don't wanna do 28 hours of riding in 7 days with Willy and the Po Boys cryin out in pain!)

Thanks,

Mike

That's the exact feeling I got when I sat an a 2nd Gen......a very good reason for me to never own one other than I don't really like the overall look of the bike.

That's the exact feeling I got when I sat an a 2nd Gen......a very good reason for me to never own one other than I don't really like the overall look of the bike.

BLASPHEMY !!!

I think my 06 Black Cherry is quite possibly the best lookin' bike I've ever seen. :cool10:

Thanks,

Mike

here ya brother, I don't have the ultimate solution, but a few 'cheaper' suggestions. The 87 is quite comfortable 'as is' but a big ol' sheepskin and a set of Longhorn pegs extend the inevitable long haul crush by a couple of hours at the end of the day. Also changing shorts from cotton to Exofficio type material makes quite a difference. Sounds like small stuff, but it works well for us.

btw, having done the Dragon and surrounding trails over the past few days, above combination worked well. (forget about the pegs on the dragon). :080402gudl_prv:

Install risers or bars with more pull back to get you off the tank. You'll fall in love with the bike then.

spacers inbetween seat and front seat mounting flange. the easiest way would be to use barrel nuts as a spacer onto the stud protruding from seat....that would let you insert an new bolt to secure the seat instead of using a nut on the stud protruding from the seat.

Air Hawk make a pad especially for male riders, with a cut-out for "boys" and a tail bone. Check their website, it's the most expensive one, the one shaped differently than others. I had it before on my Vulcan 1500 and it worked very well but when I bought Venture it felt too high for me (I'm 6'3") so I sent my seat to Rick Butler and I love it now. Vastly improved over the stock. Risers helps, too.

"Anybody got a "poor man's" (read: cheap bugger's) solution to this (has to be) common problem?"

I just make sure I get the boys adjusted before we go. It may not look very "proper" in public places, but a man's gota do what a mans gota do.

Shirley used to fuss at me, now she just laughs.

"Anybody got a "poor man's" (read: cheap bugger's) solution to this (has to be) common problem?"

I just make sure I get the boys adjusted before we go. It may not look very "proper" in public places, but a man's gota do what a mans gota do.

Shirley used to fuss at me, now she just laughs.

Thanks to everyone who has responded........especially YOU, Mike.

I appreciate that many Venture riders have found a "technological" answer to making the "twig and berries" more comfortable.....but I actually tried Mike's suggestion yesterday (coincidental and unprompted, since I'm only reading HIS solution today).

I had just visited a buddy in hospital an hour and a half away and the trip there was no picnic. So in preparation for the trip home, I decided I'd loosen my belt, reach down low, grab a handful of manhood....and just "park" everything as high up as I could before hitting the road. (Sorry to be graphic.....but don't imagine too many women are following this thread!)

Low and behold, things went much better with this "re-positioning" exercise.

I'll continue to do this (being mindful of audience) until I know whether or not it might suffice. (Somewhat curious about the Exofficio shorts comment from max10. Is that a reference to the spandex-style racing shorts used by bicyclists?)

Thanks again for everyone's contribution. I'll 'favorite' this post so I can try other 'tricks' as need be!

Cheers.

Thanks to everyone who has responded........especially YOU, Mike.

I appreciate that many Venture riders have found a "technological" answer to making the "twig and berries" more comfortable.....but I actually tried Mike's suggestion yesterday (coincidental and unprompted, since I'm only reading HIS solution today).

I had just visited a buddy in hospital an hour and a half away and the trip there was no picnic. So in preparation for the trip home, I decided I'd loosen my belt, reach down low, grab a handful of manhood....and just "park" everything as high up as I could before hitting the road. (Sorry to be graphic.....but don't imagine too many women are following this thread!)

Low and behold, things went much better with this "re-positioning" exercise.

I'll continue to do this (being mindful of audience) until I know whether or not it might suffice. (Somewhat curious about the Exofficio shorts comment from max10. Is that a reference to the spandex-style racing shorts used by bicyclists?)

Thanks again for everyone's contribution. I'll 'favorite' this post so I can try other 'tricks' as need be!

Cheers.

You were actually sitting on your wedding tackle ! :crying:

• 1 month later...
(Somewhat curious about the Exofficio shorts comment from max10. Is that a reference to the spandex-style racing shorts used by bicyclists?)

Sorry darkhorse, I wasn't ignoring your question, missed it all together.. They also make under shorts.

Having travelled on our 87' for 6 weeks in the last couple of months, imo they are a lot more comfortable than cotton.

Kinda keeps the package where it belongs. Wash and dry quickly, a big plus on the road.