IGNORED

The Rocket has landed!

sarges46

Can't let him forget. Practice, Practice, Practice. If he ever happens to head this way I can find something to practice on!!

I bet you can Dan......:rotf::rotf:

How long is he there for???

Most of this week, will be probably installing the new exhaust collector on my bike this weekend. Last I checked it was in the Edmonton mail sorting plant & a friend will pick it up for me, from the post office on base.

Gonna put him to work tomorrow or the next day so he dont forget how to turn wrenches!

I was teaching Rick how to change fork seals, on Noddy's scoot today. The pull upper tube method was used, as we wanted to check out, a couple other things. We had a later start today, than we wanted, so we will finish putting it back together tomorrow.

Probably the best lesson in wrenching I've had in a long time. I know I would still be trying to get those darn things off...cause I never knew about the upper clip that prevents the forks from dropping out.

The bike is all back together now. Gord (noddy) has been informed that he must get new tires....thats friends talking to him...they are bad!

He is most appreciative of the effort made by Rocket. So am I. Got more grease on me than since my army days! Some of it even made it to the bike!

Paul heads home tomorrow...I wont be here as I am working, but it sure was nice to have him around, even if we did bore him to death!

And you can all shoot me now or later...not one picture as everytime we went to Gords place we forgot the camera!

Hmmm... I do believe I am getting reputation of taking pics and not posting the things anyway!:bighug:

Paul left for his temporary home today at noon. The trip was expensive for him as he bought some new tools he just had to have cause they were on sale and then bought my backrest for my 1st gen.

Nice to have him around for those 4 days and hope to coffee up again. Next time to ride!

Hope he has a safe ride home.

Probably the best lesson in wrenching I've had in a long time. I know I would still be trying to get those darn things off...cause I never knew about the upper clip that prevents the forks from dropping out.

The bike is all back together now. Gord (noddy) has been informed that he must get new tires....thats friends talking to him...they are bad!

He is most appreciative of the effort made by Rocket. So am I. Got more grease on me than since my army days! Some of it even made it to the bike!

Paul heads home tomorrow...I wont be here as I am working, but it sure was nice to have him around, even if we did bore him to death!

And you can all shoot me now or later...not one picture as everytime we went to Gords place we forgot the camera!

Hmmm... I do believe I am getting reputation of taking pics and not posting the things anyway!

The grease you came across was at the speedo drive, the messy stuff was fork oil. Typical Combat Arms type, can't tell the difference......:stirthepot:

Nope I wasn't bored, you basically saw my normal weekend routine, coffee & forum, working on a scoot, some tv and food whenever. Only read about a dozen pages, of a book that I brought along, while there.

I had told you where Gord's camera was, I guess you didn't want to get it oil coated, can't blame you for that.

Guest Bigin

Speaking of fork seals has anyone tried to use the aviation strut seal conditioner called Granville?

Used it in my Amphibian in Alasaka with retractable gear, and in the hydraulic system also.

Aviation mechanics swear by it.

Never had oring or seal issues anywhere.

Wondering if it would extend the life of those fork seals.

Speaking of fork seals has anyone tried to use the aviation strut seal conditioner called Granville?

Used it in my Amphibian in Alasaka with retractable gear, and in the hydraulic system also.

Aviation mechanics swear by it.

Never had oring or seal issues anywhere.

Wondering if it would extend the life of those fork seals.

Never heard of it, but not being in that field, not surprising.

I think the big thing, is to give the upper fork tubes a wipe weekly (or more as needed) with Plexus or similar, to keep them fairly clean. I have read, that regular cleaning of the bug guts off the tubes, will keep the seals from leaking.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Rocket!

Gord just showed up this evening riding his bike! Loves the feel and is very pleased so far. He is going to try and air up the forks to see if they will hold but right now his battery needs some more charging before he fires up the CLASS.

One happy camper there Paul!

And yes he remembered to tighten everything down!

Hey Rocket!

Gord just showed up this evening riding his bike! Loves the feel and is very pleased so far. He is going to try and air up the forks to see if they will hold but right now his battery needs some more charging before he fires up the CLASS.

One happy camper there Paul!

And yes he remembered to tighten everything down!

You going to use the snowblower to access your shed & get the scoots out???? Or are you going to wait, for your FIX.

I had sent Gord an Email for a reminder, after getting back here, to make sure he remembered.

Rick, you will be in Red Deer the wrong weekend :stirthepot:, the bike swap & shop is on 6th of April....:thumbsup2: