IGNORED

Lean Angle

Keysyrider

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I would recommend pushing the limit while pulling a trailer but if his trailer has a swival type hitch on it like mine does than you could literally lay the bike flat on the ground without any interference from the hitch.:confused24: .

Maybe even get air born long enough to do a barrel roll and land back on your wheels .....OK I'm getting off the mark now....As Yammer would say... I'll go crawl back in my corner now :whistling:

Your saying you can you turn your "coupling" 360 degrees?

Never seen one like that.

Exactly - I am away from home in Nova Scotia right now but when I get home I will post a pic.

Well then, Yes you might get air born long enough to do a barrel roll but I doubt you'd land back on your wheels.

Yet another case where i wouldn't want to find out..LoL

Does anyone know what the bank angle of a 2013 Venture S is with 2 up. I had a near death experience wailing into a corner on CR 26 in the Ohio Wayne Forest towing a trailer. Grounded out, ran out of road, struck a line up the shoulder, trailer went sideways into the ditch, bike came back onto the asphalt totally sideways, grabbed a hand full of throttle, put my foot down and slid sideways, fishtailed a couple of times and rode on. That's when I said to myself, "I am selling this f&%$#%*@g piece of crap and getting another Gold Wing"

It over steers, carries too little gas, is very top heavy, and the cruise control is just an aggravating bad joke. Hope Yamaha does and better job with the next edition---if they plan on making one. This was just a bad experiment for me. The only positive thing I can say is this bike is only comfortable when floating down the Interstate, and there, it is quite comfortable.

The Wings have about a 45 degree bank angle and the Harley is around 25 degrees. I suspect the Venture is somewhere around the same as a Harley.

you did all that and stayed upright well that's a testimony on how well the venture handles and just how recklessly you endanger your pillion.

just saying

do that on a wing and recover i dear you

you did all that and stayed upright well that's a testimony on how well the venture handles and just how recklessly you endanger your pillion.

just saying

do that on a wing and recover i dear you

You had to have been there. My friend behind me had a trailer, passenger, and at the same speed as me had no problems whatsoever. He was on a Wing. I am not bad mouthing the Venture. It is just a different motorcycle and not designed to take corners as fast as a Wing.

I never understood why riders would rather lean a bike into a turn than just turn the steering bars. Been riding for 40 years and if I want to make a turn, I just turn the steering bars. Never have to worry about lean angle limits. Having a passneger and a trailer...seems like a lot at stake for on the edge riding if you ask me.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO TERN A MOTORCYCLE WITHOUT LEANING IT JUST THE WAY 2 WHEELS WORKS

TO TERN LEFT ON A MOTORCYCLE YOU NUGH THE BARS TO THE RIGHT AS YOU LEAN INTO THE TERN ,

IF YOU TRY TO KEEP THE BIKE UPRIGHT AND TERN THE BARS LEFT IT WILL FALL TO THE RIGHT TRY IT AND SEE

IT HAS TO LEAN IN THE DIRECTION OF THE CURVE

Edited by hell yea

You had to have been there. My friend behind me had a trailer, passenger, and at the same speed as me had no problems whatsoever. He was on a Wing. I am not bad mouthing the Venture. It is just a different motorcycle and not designed to take corners as fast as a Wing.

So your friend behind you, sees what happening in front of him, does nothing (slow down or?) and just breezes through curve 'same speed' with no problems. :confused24:

That's pretty cool!

I have the swivel hitch on my trailer, it has it's goods and bands: goods, will not twist you frame if bike falls over, you can lean further then 40 degrees

Bad you hit something in the road with one tire, ( it may flip on you )

http://Www.matrixmfg.com

I bought my trailer with it on

My old venture is in the photo gallery

Thinking I'll just use the hitch coupler that came with the bunkhouse.

I'm not an aggressive rider so it's doubtful I will ever get past Yamaha's 36 deg limit?

Got me thinking though, if I layed the bike down wouldn't want it to twist frame on the bike.(like mike said)

Thanks guys...

Edited by CaptainJoe
dsylexic episode...