IGNORED

Rice rockets and other idiots

Galapagos

Not everyone that rides a rice rocket is an idiot. They also ride big bikes and drive cars. I happen to live near a motorcycle magnet. It is call Geneva on the Lake and located on the shores of Lake Erie. Big biker draw. I rest at night and wake up at 3 AM to a motorcycle going at top RPM down the street. Some of these brain surgeons have to top 100MPH. I lay there hoping I do not hear the wreck. So far I have been lucky. As a former LEO I have seen the aftermath. I know when I was young I also was invincible. Still never acted like that on a bike. I really think God watches the stupid at times. At times he must not.

I don't see the attraction to Geneva? A 1950 style boardwalk? High lodging prices for a 50s room? Looking at boats your not on? Lack of public beach access? High priced food? Overpriced Gear? I have not been in the bars maybe they have deals in there and thats why so many HD's go there?

I can't think of one road up there I would do 100 on. They all have intersecting driveways and roads.

There are many that are stupid and they are not just up there, they are EVEYWHERE..

Last week a loud crotch rocket flew past my house well over 100 MPH and as soon as he got past my house he was down shifting and hitting his brakes had because the road ends at the stop sign. He MUST turn left or right or go off into the woods..

I know it sounds bad, but I was silently wishing he couldn't stop to teach him a lesson...

but he somehow managed to slow it down enough to make a left hand turn and then I could hear his bike winding out and hitting the gears.. He must have caught a green light at the next intersection for he never let off the throttle..

A friends grandson was just killed in Columbus. I don't know the particulars yet, but I saw it on the news and was reported that he was travelling at a high rate of speed and hit a car. Crotch rocket. Died at the scene.

It's sad....he was 26, with a young child. I didn't know him well, but he seemed like a nice kid.

Sad.

I hope he's in a better place now.:2143:

its not going fast that kills

stopping to fast is what does it

as for doing 100 mph that's why we ride fest gens isn't it ?:stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:

I agree its not the speed so much as the handling that kills. Goes back to the old saying, "Drive like Hell and You'll soon get there"......:225: