IGNORED

2006 RSTD trike kit

Galapagos

I am thinking of selling the Honda and having a trike kit installed on the Royalstar. I cant afford the Hannigan type kits at $13000 with the solid axle. I am looking at the ones that still use the rear tire. I think most of them run over $4000. Anybody have one of these styles they have or would reccomend?

Then it's not a trike. It is a Voyager kit or Trigg kit. 4 wheels. Don't know to much about them but Hannigan makes one great Trike that has independent suspensions. Go to Triketalk.com they have a forum for the Voyager and Triggs kits with lots of info.

• 4 weeks later...

I would avoid the "training wheel" style trike kits. When all the wheels are on the road it handles like a trike- push right to go left, push left to go right, this is opposite of what you do on a two wheeled bike at speed. Drift in your lane and Put one of the training wheels off the side of the road, particularly on a low or steep shoulder where that wheel is not touching and your instinct from riding this contraption a while will tell you to push right to get back on the road. Push right with one wheel not touching and you will go right just like a two wheeled motorcycle, and not the intended direction in that situation. Depending on the speed you won't likely recover from that.

I would avoid the "training wheel" style trike kits. When all the wheels are on the road it handles like a trike- push right to go left, push left to go right, this is opposite of what you do on a two wheeled bike at speed. Drift in your lane and Put one of the training wheels off the side of the road, particularly on a low or steep shoulder where that wheel is not touching and your instinct from riding this contraption a while will tell you to push right to get back on the road. Push right with one wheel not touching and you will go right just like a two wheeled motorcycle, and not the intended direction in that situation. Depending on the speed you won't likely recover from that.

plus - it steers like a Mac truck with the power steering pump taken off.

I have a tow-Pac Trike kit on my 2000 MM. Handles great. It all depends on getting them lined up rite. I have had no problems of any kind. It handles and steers very well. My tow pack has been on the bike for 3 yrs and over 30,000 miles.