IGNORED

picture of bad back tire

6015903767686422498?pid=6015903767686422498&oid=1038112095069408093966015903767686422498?pid=6015903767686422498&oid=103811209506940809396

Ya just know how important pics are to us on this site, we cant just let a pic thred with no pics go with out at least a little :stickpoke:.

I do not have permission to view that album.........

oh I know... thing is it showed up b4 I posted & a gremlin ate it..

Edited by midnightrider1300

Donny,

Something to listen for,,,,, When a rear tire tread gets down,,

when you ride a old parking lot with some loose stones, if you hear one PING out from under your rear,, you should take a look.

For me, that usually means I am not too far from nylon. Rubber is tight and thin.

Mike G

Ya think ya shoulda looked at your machine afore ya rode it. That is called "PRE TRIP" inspection.

I am sorry but if you don't take care of your ride you may be a statistic.

:farmer:

I agree.. thing is I knew it was getting a little thin...but didn't realize it was that BAD until I washed the bike and was inspecting it b4 a planned ride...

I have to ask, do you know how many miles on that tire ?? What brand tire??

Yes..... over 9K and it's a Dunlop E3 ....

that tire was a hot topic.... because I am forgetful... I thought I had put it on in September and only had about 3K miles on it... but thankfully where I had it changed they knew ....I put on March 2013 and have over 9k .......

9k ? Doesn't seem like you got much mileage out of it. Last set of E3's on my '09 I got 32k km (almost 20k miles)

You do a lot of burn-outs on that bike ? Either that or a lot of rear lock-ups.

Yes, I know... but 9k miles is better than the 3k I thought i had got...when I bought my bike it had e3s on it and the bike had 11k miles I changed the back tire out when I got 22.5k miles, I have since found out that I got 22.5k out of that tire.. so you imagine when I THOUGHT I only got 3k out of this tire what I thought....

Don't know if this is going to work, but seeing your bad tire, was wondering if I can remember how to attach a pic since I haven't done it for so long just to show you one of my bad tires.

I submitted it, but I don't think it worked, no sweat; was just an experiment. All be dipped, it worked.

9k ? Doesn't seem like you got much mileage out of it. Last set of E3's on my '09 I got 32k km (almost 20k miles)

You do a lot of burn-outs on that bike ? Either that or a lot of rear lock-ups.

Don't know if I should open up a can of worms again or not. Got 24,000 miles out of a Dunlop 404 when then use to use a hard rubber, then they stopped making that tire out of this rubber, used a softer rubber, and still had the balls to call it the same tire; I never made it to 8,000 miles then. But I'll stop right there as this was brought up at length when that first happened, and Greed won over me keeping a tire that got good mileage.:255: