IGNORED

ALMOST snowed in...

Freebird

I think we ended up with about 20" of snow. It's a real mess right now. I did manage to get to the store this morning in the wife's SUV but there is no way that I'm getting out in my company Caravan. My brother in law came over yesterday and when he came in he told me that I was snowed in and no way would I get out. He said that I had about 3' deep ruts in the driveway. He was wrong, he made about 3' deep ruts in the YARD because he MISSED the driveway. I will have a lot of work to do when it warms up and dries up enough to do repairs.

Hope it melts off soon.....I HAVE to get out of here and back on to work. Have I mentioned yet today that I HATE THIS WHITE STUFF. :(

I think we ended up with about 20" of snow. It's a real mess right now. I did manage to get to the store this morning in the wife's SUV but there is no way that I'm getting out in my company Caravan. My brother in law came over yesterday and when he came in he told me that I was snowed in and no way would I get out. He said that I had about 3' deep ruts in the driveway. He was wrong, he made about 3' deep ruts in the YARD because he MISSED the driveway. I will have a lot of work to do when it warms up and dries up enough to do repairs.

Hope it melts off soon.....I HAVE to get out of here and back on to work. Have I mentioned yet today that I HATE THIS WHITE STUFF. :(

I just got back into town from PA. The turnpike was all clear, and as soon as I hit I-76 at the Youngstown exit I was in the snow. While it looked like clear tire tracks in the right lane, we were actually driving on ice. All the way into Akron, at only 25-40 mph. A few cars and trucks passed me on the left (in the snow lane) because they were such good drivers. I later saw a few of them in the ditch facing the wrong way. Nasty stuff out here, glad I missed most of it this weekend.

I know how you feel. I ran the wife's SUV over the driveway about 10,000 times I think. Finally got it pretty much packed down. Then I spent about an hour shoveling the Caravan out so that I could get it to the drive that I had packed down. I can now get it down the driveway also so I'm ready to go tomorrow. They are predicting more snow later in the week but I sure hope that changes.

I know how you feel. I ran the wife's SUV over the driveway about 10,000 times I think. Finally got it pretty much packed down. .

You packed Down 20" of snow ?? :think:

I am sure it is gonna get warm and that is sure to be a mess. You must be from the south ! :stirthepot:

:sign20:

Brad

Sometimes you just do things out of necessity. I have to get on the road tomorrow....gotta get back to WORK. :) Shouldn't get TOO messy...there is a gravel base under it. Although the gravel isn't looking so good for the past year or so. I think this spring will be time to rebuild the driveway.

Sometimes you just do things out of necessity. I have to get on the road tomorrow....gotta get back to WORK. :) Shouldn't get TOO messy...there is a gravel base under it. Although the gravel isn't looking so good for the past year or so. I think this spring will be time to rebuild the driveway.

Guess we know what will be done on maintenance day! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_5_21.gif :rotf:

Guest tessa c2

and i had just took the snowplow off the tractor yesterday, if we get any more of it, it sure isn't going to hang around long, but did i ever get the dodge stuck yesterday, the plan was to pull snares, after shoveling the truck out for an hour i had just worked my way back to higher ground.

You packed Down 20" of snow ?? :think:

I am sure it is gonna get warm and that is sure to be a mess. You must be from the south ! :stirthepot:

:sign20:

Brad

There are two ways to measure, one is length, the other is depth. Maybe Don measured the wrong way??????????????? You never know, he is originally from the south somewhere and now has to deal with stuff he wasn't brought up with.:rotf:

Now about packing it down????? Works great. I used to do it all the time, you just got to make sure that the whole drive gets packed, not just the tracks. When it thawes, it all seems to run away, just like as if it had never been there.

...well some of it. After several months of trying to purchase just the right 2000 MM, and many helpful words and acts of members of this forum, a couple of fumbles and one interception, I purchased my MM in NJ at DeSimones Motorsports. I found out today that it had recently been owned by another member of this forum, Joe McDermott, but that's a discussion for another thread.

For purpose of this reply, this past weekend was the only weekend I would have available to pickup the bike in Jersey, before riding season. I had heard the weather channel forecasts but took a chance they were overhyping the storm's potential. After riding in it, I believe they underhyped it. Indiana was fine but as I hit Toledo, I drove through white-out conditions, intermittent fog, sleet, rain, high winds. Thankfully, the weather reports did change my mind about trailering the bike and I decided to use my brother-in-law's Dodge Quad cab to haul the bike back home. The weather in Ohio was brutal to travel in. PA and NJ were not much better, except there's was rain instead of snow. Had to load and tie down bike (using the method you discussed in earlier post) in monsoon-like conditions. I had been warned by dealer that it would likely be a downpour, so I did have appropriate raingear.

During trip back home, my wife called me several times and informed me of the horrible weather conditions in the northern Ohio area, so I decided to alter travel plans and take a more southerly route. I took I-70 instead of the more direct route home on I-76 and I-80/90. I was able to dodge most of the falling precip, but not the aftermath. Through Columbus the interstate was snow-packed in all lanes. Where there was visible road, you could bet it was black iced. I had several anxious episodes of fishtailing with the beast on the back.

Made it home in twice the expected time, but most importantly, made it home safely and without incident. Also, made it home to "snow-free" driveway and roads, so I am not complaining. Next time, I travel through Ohio, try to do something about that weather thing, OK.

You already know what the best thing of the trip was. What made it worth all the aggravation. What my wife and others don't understand would make me drive 800 miles and through a snowstorm to get a bike. But, I didn't just get a bike, I got a Venture. I'll talk more about that later in the appropriate thread. Getting it home and in my garage, was an adVENTURE.

BTW, I had my venturerider roadside assistance list at the ready. Thankfully, I didn't need to use it, but there was great peace of mind that AAA and venturerider members were just phone calls away. Thanks again Don and I hope that life is getting back to normal for you and yours.

Jerry

Now about packing it down????? Works great. I used to do it all the time, you just got to make sure that the whole drive gets packed, not just the tracks. When it thawes, it all seems to run away, just like as if it had never been there.

I too packed down driveways but not 20" worth. He will be in trouble when his wife gets stuck as it melts.

I feel for ya Freebird..

I know it's rough, heck..... I rode to work today........whew.....

I too rode to work today, but it was in the car with the heater on, it as only - 22 c.

Brad