Does anybody have any experience with (accidentaly) putting E-85 in their tank?I ride an 89 VR,and up here in Frozen Northern Minnesota there's a state mandate coming to have all gas with 20 percent ethanol by 2012.May or may not still have the ol' 89 by then,who knows,but if I dont I'll still be riding something,Lord willing. But my question is about what will this ethanol do to our old bikes?Are we gonna be SOL?Or are we all gonna have to move south,so we can ride year around? Snowing and 15 degrees here right now,so that doesnt sound too bad!:mustache:

I try to stay away from Ethanol and I've never used E85, but on the rare occasion where I have accidentally, or out of necessity, used 10% Ethanol both my mileage and power have suffered noticably. As far as what it does to the engine...:confused24: I don't think that the lower percentage stuff is a problem. I believe that the cars that are being produced to use E85 are somehow different.

Problem with E-85 is that it can eat up Hoses, Seals and Gaskets which come in Contact with it. Depends on the Material in use.

You won't get a Statement about that from Yammi.

We have similar Problem here, our Government wants to mix up every Sort of Gas with 10 Percent Bio Fuel. We have 4 Percent in all Sorts since last Year.

Only one Sort should remain at 5 Percent Contamination. That's for the 395ooo Cars which can't handle the 10 Percent. Of course, the Industry choose the most expensive .... which would give everyone who need it, about 12 Percent more Cost for the Gas.

Now, it surfaced that a Lot more Cars would not manage this E-10, maybe 2 Million Cars can't take that Crap .... They put the Bill on hold, for now.