IGNORED

Wisconsin rider deer hit this morning

OrlinEngh

Mark aka disfunctional 33 hit a deer this morning on his way home from work, Mark is fine except for some road rash on his elbows and some bruzes, I am sure he will be pretty sore for the next few days. Was very lucky.

He was able to ride the bike home but it has alot of damage to the fairing, right saddle bag and crash bars he went down on the left side after hitting the deer then the bike fliped and hit hard on the right side.

He asked me to post this for him sounded like he is getting pretty stiff and sore.

Orlin

Mark aka disfunctional 33 hit a deer this morning on his way home from work, Mark is fine except for some road rash on his elbows and some bruzes, I am sure he will be pretty sore for the next few days. Was very lucky.

He was able to ride the bike home but it has alot of damage to the fairing, right saddle bag and crash bars he went down on the left side after hitting the deer then the bike fliped and hit hard on the right side.

He asked me to post this for him sounded like he is getting pretty stiff and sore.

Orlin

Sorry to hear this. Hope he recovers soon. I have a set of 1st gen MK1 saddle bags if he's interested.

Mark just got this 1986 a couple of weeks ago, Its going to need the outer fairing halfs to get him back on the road again. I am going to make a couple of calls today and see what I can come up with for some parts.

Orlin

Glad to hear that Mark is not in to bad of shape.

It is about that time of year again. The deer are starting to get ready to give birth to this years crop of fawns. part of that process is driving off last years young to spread the gene pool. these young are wandering around in new areas that they are not familiar with, many have never learned about roads and the associated dangers.

KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED FOR THEM!!!!

The pain usually is intensified by looking at your bike however the it's Good News when you can walk away even better when you can ride, Quick recovery prayer headed your way.

Counting the days till THE DALLES

Easyrider

Thanks for the prayers everyone. I am a little battered and bruised but I'm doing fine. Went to the Dr. today and no broken bones or any severe damage. I do have a slightly pinched nerve in my left hip due too swelling, but that should go away in a few days. The doc put me on some pain pills and took me off of work till Sunday. Now I'm just gonna lay around the house and get better... Then worry about how to fix the bike.....

You have it much easier than I did when a 250-300 pound 8 point buck tried takin' me out 2-1/2 yrs ago! I'm still here and he's not, but I'm still getting back to where I was!

Good luck getting the bike back together, I just replaced mine because it was possible the frame was hurt when I hit him and gave him a 75' ride down the road!

Of course I spent 23 days in ICU and same time in rehab hospital.....