IGNORED

Gerbing Heat Controller

I have just set up my Gerbing heat controller using the Powerlet outlet. I have constant power to the center, positive, of my Powerlet outlet, even when I turn the heat control switch to the off position. Is this normal? I would have though that when I turn the hat control knob to OFF there would be no current coming through the Powerlet socket.

I just installed a in-dash duel Gerbing Controller and when I have it shut off it is off.

I also have 2 duel controllers and when there off there off.

I am loving this new jacket and pants just put them on over my clothes.

NO MORE LINERS :happy65:

And you should REALLY be connecting direct to the battery with an in-line fuse that is supplied.

I just installed a in-dash duel Gerbing Controller and when I have it shut off it is off.

I also have 2 duel controllers and when there off there off.

I am loving this new jacket and pants just put them on over my clothes.

NO MORE LINERS :happy65:

And you should REALLY be connecting direct to the battery with an in-line fuse that is supplied.

I am connected directly to the battery using the inline fuse block. The round pinned connector that connects to the controller button will only connect to that. I then cut the wire from the lead that connects to your jacket and determined which was the positive, then I installed bladed connectors and connected them correctly to the Powerlet socket. I did it right because I have positive at the centre of the Powerlet. Have you checked your socket connection to see if you have power there when the controller is turned off?

OK I was reading it wrong sorry, maybe I still am.. thought you were plugging

into the round 12 volt on the dash, my bad. well yes the part from the battery

with the fuse that you plug your stuff into will have power all the time since it connects

direct to the battery. maybe I am still not understanding :confused24:

Just wondering -- Why did you cut the wire from the socket or gear ?

I cut the wire so I could connect them to the Powerelet socket and use that to power my jacket etc. Anyway, I called Gerbing today and talked to a technical adviser. He thinks it is a faulty unit and that there is an open circuit so they are sending me a new unit.