IGNORED

My Grandfathers Secret To Marraige

Bvinson

I have an Anniversary coming up in a couple of weeks and was reflecting back on time. It will be 31 years with Melissa my best friend and soul mate. But that is not really the reason for this message. My reason for the thread is how I got to 31 years and counting. Listen up all you young guys. It all goes back to my grandfather and his secret that was passed on to me at my grandparents 65th anniversary party.

I asked him how do you make it through 65 years?

His answer was, Well I told her she gets to make all the little decisions and I get to make all the big decisions. After 65 years I haven't had a Big Decision...

Here are some more grandpa words of wisdom:

• Whether a man winds up with the nest egg or a goose egg depends a lot on the kind of chick he marries.
  • Trouble in marriage often starts when a man gets so busy earnin' his salt that he forgets his sugar.
  • Too many couples marry for better or for worse, but not for good.
  • When a man marries a woman, they become one, but the trouble starts when they try to decide which one.
  • If a man has enough "horse sense" to treat his wife like a thoroughbred, she will never be an old nag.
  • Judgin' from the specimens they pick for husbands, it's no wonder that brides often blush.
  • On anniversaries the wise husband always forgets the past...but never the present.
  • A foolish husband remarks to his wife: "Honey, you stick to the washin', ironin', cookin', and scrubbin'. No wife of mine is gonna work."
  • The bonds of matrimony are a good investment only when the interest is kept up.
  • Many girls like to marry a military man - he can cook, sew, make bed, and is in good health...and he's already used to taking orders.

best one for last...

• Grandpappy and his wife were discussin' their 50th wedding anniversary when she said, "Shall I kill a chicken tonight?"

"Naw," said Grandpappy, "Why blame a bird for something' that happened 50 years ago?"

congrats on your anniversary and hope you will have many more:thumbsup2:

here is the real secret to gramps and how he did it you'll have to blow it up a bit to read its a article from May/1955 good house keeping

If you have problems reading it send me a message with your email ill send it to you