IGNORED

interesting meeting today

midnightrider1300

I know a couple members here with Second Gen. Are close if not already over 100,000 miles mark and I'll let them chime in if they want

Only issue they had was the dreaded rear shock everything else was preventive maintenance

7 Eleven worker here in Marlow has I believe a 1997 Royal Star with over 300,000 miles only issues she had was the stator go out at 200,000 + miles she rode every where only time bike was not rode was when it was ice or snow

Cool

Did you ask if he was a member of this site?

Yes I did, he said he USE to be, said he had made some changes in his life and the internet was not needed.... so I let it go at that.....

I have over 37K miles on mine, so I have to get with it myself... course mine is a little newer..:whistling::whistling::whistling:

Hey Midnight,, I LOVE doing what you did!! Take a couple minutes of our time to chat with others while out riding.. It has always amazed me when out touring, if ya just take a couple minutes and chit chat, how many of these bikes ya find out there with lots of miles on em.. I remember a few years ago when the old 350 Honda's, 650 Yams, HD's, Beezers and Triumps were flat tired (or scraped) at 25k.. Now adays its almost like 20/30 thousand our bikes are just starting to run good after a good break in period....

112, 000 miles only trouble is the ignition switch and the clutch spring

I knew you was getting close if not over the 100,000 mark which I forgot lol three that I know of now instead of two lol

Hope all is good see you next month at Patti&Don meet

Buddy

Edited by buddy

I know a couple members here with Second Gen. Are close if not already over 100,000 miles mark and I'll let them chime in if they want

Only issue they had was the dreaded rear shock everything else was preventive maintenance

7 Eleven worker here in Marlow has I believe a 1997 Royal Star with over 300,000 miles only issues she had was the stator go out at 200,000 + miles she rode every where only time bike was not rode was when it was ice or snow

Buddy my 2006 has a little over 104,000 miles only thing done other than regular maintenance was to replace the shock under warranty. Replaced battery after 7 years.

So, I'm cruising to my friend's house to use his air compressor. My tires were in BAD need of it. As I'm about a block away I see a bike coming. Turns out to be a 1st Gen! So I turn around and catch up to a guy from Lowville on his 87. We chat a bit, he is a member here whose user name I can't remember. We end up at my friends house talking bikes.

Ya meet the nicest people an a VR.

Buddy my 2006 has a little over 104,000 miles only thing done other than regular maintenance was to replace the shock under warranty. Replaced battery after 7 years.

That looks show room new !! My favorite color too