IGNORED

Exhaust Question

Skid

I'm thinking of going loud. Maybe the rebel coming out after retirement. I have a pair of HD Road King take-offs and need to know what brackets I need to attach them on.

Edited by Skid

I'm thinking of going loud. Maybe the rebel coming out after retirement. I have a pair of HD Road King take-offs and need to know what brackets I need to attach them on.

I may have a set of hanger brackets in the shed. I will look tomorrow when I get back from Balt.

If the HD pipes are not loud enough I have a set of PCS (Preston County Specials) you can try.

Edited by slowrollwv

I just used the 3/4" P clamps from hardware store. Easy, cheap and no fuss. P clamp around the back saddlebag rail, 1/4" x 20 x 1/2" long? bolt and your done. I used some stainless steel hose clamps to clamp the mufflers. There are some "regular" clamps that are kind of over sized to cover up the gap. I wanted to get them on and try them out. Check out here for the P clamp mount.

I think I still have the brackets for the HD.Let me look tomorrow and if I still have them they are yours.

Thanks folks. I don't want too loud just a good low base rumble. Thought I might try them out.

Thats what I wanted Jeff, I think you will be happy with the HD pipes, and the longer they are on the bike the deeper they get. They actually "break in" to a deeper rumble. I had the Samson fishtails, they bolted rite up and really looked great on the bike, but way to loud!

Craig

I am riding a friend's 2nd Gen while he is deployed to Africa. He has loud pipes on it. I really don't like them. In fact I have really quit riding it because of the pipes. Once the thrill of riding a different bike wore off, I went back to my 1st Gen. My wife wasn't thrilled with the loud pipes either.

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking at the Baron Double Nasty Slip-On Mufflers 4-2-4...I like the look of them. My question is will I need to re jet the carbs? Im riding a 2002 with stock pipes and miss the loudness of my loud ground rumblin vstar I traded for it

I got HD's on my RSV. It is good for that bike. A full day ride and you can still hear, but much deeper than stock.

Got 4-2-4's on my solo RSTD. Good bark to them. But probably louder than you want.

Oh yeah,,,, this was about how to mount them. My RSV adapters are triangle shape but work like the one in the sketch.

I am looking at the Baron Double Nasty Slip-On Mufflers 4-2-4...I like the look of them. My question is will I need to re jet the carbs? Im riding a 2002 with stock pipes and miss the loudness of my loud ground rumblin vstar I traded for it

Anything like my Bubs their very loud and open I say "NO" mine has no issues