IGNORED

Thread Killer championship

Dragonslayer

Oh Dragonslayer I think I should be in your club! Yea come on and join up we could be a club of 2 instead of a club of 1:beer: I see you live near Blood Mountain. OK let's go for a ride. LOL. I wish I lived that close to the Dragon area. Hey but I make it there about four times a year for from a week to a few days each. Actually Blood Mountain is about 70 miles north of me at Vogel State Park but, I ride up there often. Anytime your down this way give me a shout I am always up for a ride with a VR member.:7_6_3[1]::7_6_3[1]:

I know the feeling. Its funny when someone here posts the dumbest question that comes up a thousand threads on a search and they get like two months of responses. Page after page. Then a person posts up a question hardley any information on it and no one answers even though you know the knowledge is here.

I think there is just a click here. You have to pay your dues and go to a few meet ups and sit around and drink, or whatever they do besides ride.

LOL I'm not quite sure. One thing is for sure. Its a highly religious site..... And clicky. Almost like a certain group own it. Don't tread on them. I guess it can seem that way sometimes, like anytime you get a group of humans together there will be all types of opinions, attitudes, points of view and personalities. Truth be told, not everyone gets me but, for the most part this forum has a bunch of Great People. And I have never had a bad time at a meet or met anyone that I did not like. I can't think of any other venue that I have been exposed to that I can say that about.:group cheers:

A FEW people here know me, and if they do, they know how great a person I am and full of knowledge and giving. I've met people out of my way for parts, delivered parts for people, bought parts from people here, sent parts in the mail. That's why this forum is most often described as a family because it is made up for the most part with people like you always willing to help.

Yet still I'm a thread killer too! Well so be it, somebody gotta kill these threads right now it looks like Dingy is in the lead for the Master Thread Killer Title. But there is still time to out bid him.

So at least your not alone! LOL. So we will be a club of 2, 3 if you count Dingy:beer::biker:

I recently did a wheel change tire and all. This is my first shaft drive bike. I never done one. And I've never paid a shop in 45 years of riding. I just knew it was not as hard as the manual said, they have you taking off the rear seat fender, and lots of other stuff. Good thing I had someone number on here to call and get the scoop. I couldn't afford to ride a bike if I wasn't able to work on it myself with all the good advice I've gotten here.

Maybe your post will open up some minds and the click will loosen up a bit. That's my job Cosmic Messenger to enlighten the universe.:backinmyday: I Truly believe that if more people bought in to my way of thinking the world would be a much better place to live.:soapbox:

I'm afraid to show up at the international, my armor suit has some parts that rocks can get to.

Come on down to the International, I'll be there. We can go for a ride and I'll give you some lessons in rock dodging. :Avatars_Gee_George:

I didn't see anything wrong with your avatar. My son will appreciate that since he was the one that photo shopped me killn that Dragon

People have to realize their personal beliefs, religious and political preferences should not good them back when helping out another biker from a different way of thinking.

I never let those things stand in my way, to me we're all bikers and I don't care what you ride.:Venture::superman::sleigh::900[1]::15_9_28[1]::15_8_211[1]::auto::7_6_3[1]::bikersmilie::7_6_2[1]::7_2_104[1]::7_2_102[1]::twing::motorcycle::moped::safemotorcycle:

Know of a fire extinguisher sale?

I'm safety officer around here so I'm up to my arss in fire extinguishers.:225:

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good answers. I concur. I should get out and meet more members. But for me its a time thing.

I drive for a living. On call 24. 7. Then after I clock in six times and work 70 hours I get 58 off. And five weeks vacation. Any time off needs approved by seniority. So like fourth of July I would never get.

So I do a lot of lone wolf spare of the moment riding. Last year I bought the Venture and in thirty days taking only one week off I put 7k miles on it using my time off.

Blood mountain I thought was lame, but the loops around there were really cool. I lucked out according to the locals. I arrived between rains on a very rainy season.

I hated all the signs saying they were going to catch me speeding and toss me in jail and keep my bike. Grrrrrrrrr

My dads half of the family lives in South. Most in Alabama. I'd like to go but we shall see. I should have went last year. But I didn't have a plate for my bike. And I didn't want to show up on a Roadstar and take attention away from Dons new HD! :rotf:

I love seeing other members bikes and the myriad of cool things people do to them. Got too see a trike, same year as mine while harvesting the leftover parts. That was cool as all get out right Venture 08?

Time constraints. Time constraints.

Plan to throw a leg over Silver Tomorrow morning and take the scenic route.

Ride safe out there my brother,, and remember to allow for that little xtra time on passing cars,, dont forget you left your Sugar at home:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Ol Pucs going straight to the dogs for that one boys and girls:stirthepot:

Ride safe out there my brother,, and remember to allow for that little xtra time on passing cars,, dont forget you left your Sugar at home:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Ol Pucs going straight to the dogs for that one boys and girls:stirthepot:

That's why I'm leaving on Monday!! I don't want to miss the dinner.....:whistling:

The D.G.M. realizing that the bidding has jumped to an amount to rich for some peoples blood offers a new twist to the competition that should sweeten the pot. :lightbulb: This new twist should allow others to play on whatever level they feel comfortable.

Say you would like to contribute but not at the level of the highest bidder you can sponsor a current bidder by stating "I would like to increase the bid of (add current bidders name here) by $??.?? US. Bringing the total bid to $???.??"

At the end of the competition the current bidder with the highest accumulated bid wins.

I think it would be perfectly acceptable for any bidders to solicit and politic for pledges from any VR members or outside contributors interested in bidding for the St. Jude cause.

So far the current bidders are, in order of highest bids :

Currently as of 5/16/2014:

Dingy $200.00 + Puc's $40.00 + Videoarizona's $25 + Auction items $360 = $625.00

Aussie Annie $150.00 US

Sleeper Hawk $100.00

Dragonslayer AKA D.G.M. $60.00 + Bongo's $20.00= $80.00

Bongobobny $55.00

AKRefugee $50.00

Cowpuc aka Pucster $40.00

However, to keep track of the bidding it is important that all bidding be done on this thread so no one gets confused by there being open bidding on multiple threads.

Team Dingy has another $360 committed from parts auctions.

Total at this point is $625 for some children that need this money more than a lot of us do.

High bidders at this point are:

Adventurer 08: $80

JohnT: $30

Tooch: $25

Ragtop69GS: $20 + $20

86er: $45

Stickhandle2: $30

Ground-Hugger: $50

DragonSlayer : $60

See items for auction at link below. 100% of funds raised go to St. Judes fund !!!

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/sh...977#post834977

Gary

Edited by dingy

A thread can never die if you keep bumping it.:soapbox:

Master Thread Killer champion, Dingy and his wandering band of misfits (of which I noticed ya finally saw the light and joined up!! :rotf:) are about to prove ya wrong on that one DragonSlayer!!! The days are numbered for this great thread,, gonna miss it,, gonna make me cry to tell it bye bye:95:...

On a positive note,,, what a great and noble cause for which it giveth its life!! Proud of you, the creator, and for how it all turned out... Also proud to have known such a fun, kind, cheerful friend as the "Thread Killer championship" thread..

This is for you DragonSlayer and for this soon to be historic thread (not to late folks,, get chur bids in NOW and be part of a great cause)!!!!!

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Puc:big-grin-emoticon:

Master Thread Killer champion, Dingy and his wandering band of misfits (of which I noticed ya finally saw the light and joined up!! :rotf:) are about to prove ya wrong on that one DragonSlayer!!! The days are numbered for this great thread,, gonna miss it,, gonna make me cry to tell it bye bye:95:...

On a positive note,,, what a great and noble cause for which it giveth its life!! Proud of you, the creator, and for how it all turned out... Also proud to have known such a fun, kind, cheerful friend as the "Thread Killer championship" thread..

This is for you DragonSlayer and for this soon to be historic thread (not to late folks,, get chur bids in NOW and be part of a great cause)!!!!!

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Puc:big-grin-emoticon:

Thank you for that Puc, But, I'm glad the idea struck me and we could turn it into a fund raiser.

But, like all great Maniacal Diabolical Genius Masterminds, :12101:we like to think on multiple levels, Kinda like a three dimensional Chess game. For example: Even If I did not win the Thread Killer Championship I am the Ultimate winner. By throwing my support Dingy's way I still get an avatar badge for being on the winning team (I win) but, individually it can not be said that I am the Master Thread killer since I was not the highest bidder so, there is a better thread killer then me, (I win). So since the thread was turned into a fund raiser for the kids at St Judes, (The Kids win and I do too because it was my idea)

So when this thread finally gets kilt on May 17th you and I can drink a toast to the fineist thread ever been kilt on the VR sight and the kids at St.Judes.

All you guys are WINNERS!!! thanks for the thread, thanks for turning this into a fundraiser for St. Jude. That was the best idea yet!

Everyone that donated should have an avatar. Who is going to design that or what do you do? I ado think we need a special trophy for Dingy, the ULTIMATE THREAD KILLER CHAMPION.

What say you?

Patti

All you guys are WINNERS!!! thanks for the thread, thanks for turning this into a fundraiser for St. Jude. That was the best idea yet!

Everyone that donated should have an avatar. Who is going to design that or what do you do? I ado think we need a special trophy for Dingy, the ULTIMATE THREAD KILLER CHAMPION.

What say you?

Patti

INDEED PATTI,,, INDEED!!:thumbsup::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Auctions end Saturday a some random time. 5/17/14.

Team Dingy has another $420 committed from parts auctions.

Total at this point is $665 for some children that need this money more than a lot of us do.

JohnT: $30 + $40

See items for auction at link below. 100% of funds raised go to St. Judes fund !!!

Gary

Edited by dingy

Auctions end Saturday a some random time. 5/17/14.

Team Dingy has another $360 committed from parts auctions.

Total at this point is $625 for some children that need this money more than a lot of us do.

JohnT: $30

Gary

Dingy,, FYI, I sent my Team Donation down to B2's with another party from here cause I got washed out.. Hopefully we DO get a surprise attack from another Team (for the sake of the kids) and you get nicked out of the Master Thread Killer crown BUT,, either way,, its been an honor being part of your team!!:thumbsup:

We should know within 24 hours,,, counting down the clock while I bail my basement!!

Puc

Dingy,, FYI, I sent my Team Donation down to B2's with another party from here cause I got washed out.. Hopefully we DO get a surprise attack from another Team (for the sake of the kids) and you get nicked out of the Master Thread Killer crown BUT,, either way,, its been an honor being part of your team!!:thumbsup:

We should know within 24 hours,,, counting down the clock while I bail my basement!!

Puc

Puc,

You missed the froggy legs. Scrumpdelious

Dingy, Is it alright if I give Patti the $60.00 for the auction.

The D.G.M. :12101:is having a blast at the B2's