IGNORED

Why am I burning up rectifier requlators?

Be curious to how it works out. You readings are odd. I used to get some higher charge reading with the OEM r/r units once in a while. Since both HO stator and new mosfet r/r went in i get down to 12.8 at idle with the brakes on and 14.4 over about 3,000 rpms all lit up. I did build a separate harness for only stator, r/r, Battery and digital volt meter so there was nothing else on that system.

Using the OEM harness i did get some variables on readings from my own harness. I have no faith in the readings off the OEM in dash meter.

Hope it works out for ya.

Mike

From my Droid wherever I may happen to be at any given moment.

Be curious to how it works out. You readings are odd. I used to get some higher charge reading with the OEM r/r units once in a while. Since both HO stator and new mosfet r/r went in i get down to 12.8 at idle with the brakes on and 14.4 over about 3,000 rpms all lit up. I did build a separate harness for only stator, r/r, Battery and digital volt meter so there was nothing else on that system.

Using the OEM harness i did get some variables on readings from my own harness. I have no faith in the readings off the OEM in dash meter.

Hope it works out for ya.

Mike

Mike,

Where did you buy the mosfet R/R from?

Thanks

Squeeze is right on that, its from that same set up but i wasn't looking for one at the time as i was happy with my new HO stator and the OEM r/r was working fine (at that time).

When i started having failures i was lucky enough one of our other members had bought an extra one and sold that to me. That was a blessing in itself as the needed connector pins and the sealing plugs needed turned out to be difficult to find.

I don't have the computer out of storage yet so i can't point you to posts i did with pics of the set up and the wiring diagrams i used. If you look back at my posts a couple years back you might find the info at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Joe, the HD R/R I got from buckeye last July did fail last week. I finally had a chance to run the system tests found at the other place. All the stator tests come in just fine. But when I did the diode test on the HD R/R, it failed that test. Since I saved my original OEM R/R, I tested it and it showed fine so I put it back in. So far, it is charging steady 13.6. Where yours seem to be overcharging... my failed HD R/R was under charging.