IGNORED

Long overdue explanation

Freebird

Free bird,reading your post brought back some tears and painful memories,because I too left God some years ago and divorced a good wife of 36 years. Finally came to my senses and through a lot of time on my knees praying to God I got back to Him. But I waited too long and lost my wife to another. I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm so happy for you and you're wife that y'all woke up and saw what you were throwing away,and as long as you put it in Gods hands it will always turn out right,I pray that God will bless both of you.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is said "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure". Funny (not really) how GOD demands so little from us and how easy it is to give him less and less until He becomes the only hope in our lives. Been to the church three times and left without Him twice. He came home with us this last time some 20+ years ago. And that has made all the difference. Thank you Lord for your faithfulness to all of us and your never ending grace.

Your heart poured out a much needed reminder of the importance of a man's knees and at a much needed time in mine.

Thank You Don and continued blessings on you and your wife.

You don't know me don, but I know exactly what u just went through. About two years ago my wife and I gave up on ourselves and each other and got divorced. To make a long story short, It was the worst thing we ever did, we were both absolutely miserable, we made a lot of changes, a lot of humbling ourselves, forgiving ourselves and each other and we started over, got remarried to each other and have not looked back, in the end, we are happier than ever and we will never use that "d" word again. I makes my day when I hear of stories similar to ours, good luck and god bless!!!!!

Don, we have only met once but this is with all sincerity that I offer to you and your life partner, our best wishes and support and prayers as you and Eileen walk the journey you are on together. It's not about maintainence day or all the other stuff, the importance of your relationship is fundemental to both of you and your well being. One moment at a time. All the best my friend.

I just saw the MD cancellation notice in the Regional Rally’s forum. I assumed he was coming to VW14 and that's why he pulled the plug... Health was my second guess. Wrong on both counts. Hope they can work it out. Deal with the present. The past is history, and tomorrow's a mystery. Todays a gift....

Wow I guess I'm kinda late to the party. Nothing really new or different to say other then to thank you and Eileen for sharing your hearts, minds, and faith with us all. Your journey strengthens us in making God centered decisions about our lives. God bless you and keep working on your path. Our prayers are with you both.

Yammer I need help and some work done!!!!!:178::thumbsup2: :Avatars_Gee_George:

What did you tear up???:think::whistling: You break that ride Lori gonna whup you!!:rotfl:

Not trying to steal Don's thread we are all glad it was something that could be fixed. Too much bad news lately. Rough spots can be expected. Some can be avoided. Some can't. Glad you are getting thru this one Don & Eileen. Don't expect it to be the last but if it is a avoidable one don't forget what it cost this time. OK I'm done!!

Edited by Yammer Dan

I was teaching Sunday School one Sunday and a brother said to everyone there, I know you love your wife but do you like her. There is a lot of thought in those words. I to was lost for many years, divorced 4 times and that's not bragging, I feel terrible about how I treated GOD'S first institution. Our Father knew we needed a help mate, and lovely gave us ONE. I am blessed to listen to so many replies that they love the LORD. I knew there was a reason for joining this organization, and Free Bird you made it clear to me. We have a awesome GOD, If GOD be for you who could be against you, AMEN. GOD Bless Jim