IGNORED

Rick butler seat mod

bikerjohn

Sent him my seat

I have had it back for about a month

Still have not been able to get out for a ride

I do know sitting on it felt way better

Now just to get out and ride

Hearing all good about his work I look forward to it...

I'm in the same boat.

Got my seat a couple months back, but I don't feel like sitting in 30 degree weather to test it. Not like there's anywhere to ride right now... but soon.

Gentlemen,

So what's this seat mod we're talking about. Tried to find a link for it. My 86 seat is just the pits. Was going to buy a gel pad but wanted to see what the todo was about from Rick First.

Thanks

Roger:301:

Everyone raves about the comfort of this seat mod. Does it get your butt any closer to the ground?

YES he can, cut the thigh are like he did for me.

This mod I had done about 5 years ago. and I have loved every ride with this mod.

best mod ever.

DO IT DO IT !!!!!!!:thumbsup2:

Everyone raves about the comfort of this seat mod. Does it get your butt any closer to the ground?

Here is what he does on the 2nd gen. _ remember he is doing this with xxx years of experience but this is the list as I recall it.

thins the thighs, digs out the tailbone area. covers with memory foam.

The thinner thighs keep the seat from pushing outward on your legs and allows you to put your feet flatter on the ground because your thighs are closer together. The shaping of the tailbone area sets you deeper in the seat. In fact, ( I am a back rest convert) with the seat modified, I set so deep in it that the rise of the back of the seat actually acts like a back rest and I don't need to buy a back rest - it is, in essence, now built in. Did two iron butts and honestly and embarrassingly I didn't need an "Iron" butt to do them. Thanks to Rick.

Hope this helps. He is a seat genius. If you were to attempt this stuff yourself, you might get it right after 5 years of trying.

VentureFar...

Here is what he does on the 2nd gen. _ remember he is doing this with xxx years of experience but this is the list as I recall it.

thins the thighs, digs out the tailbone area. covers with memory foam.

The thinner thighs keep the seat from pushing outward on your legs and allows you to put your feet flatter on the ground because your thighs are closer together. The shaping of the tailbone area sets you deeper in the seat. In fact, ( I am a back rest convert) with the seat modified, I set so deep in it that the rise of the back of the seat actually acts like a back rest and I don't need to buy a back rest - it is, in essence, now built in. Did two iron butts and honestly and embarrassingly I didn't need an "Iron" butt to do them. Thanks to Rick.

Hope this helps. He is a seat genius. If you were to attempt this stuff yourself, you might get it right after 5 years of trying.

VentureFar...

That is exactly what Rick did to my seat 5-6 years ago. Absolutely top quality workmanship in every way. I have done many 500-600 mile day rides since then and I would put Rick's workmanship and skill against ANY expensive seat that is out there. He won't let you down I assure you....and he stands 110% behind all his work.

Boomer....who sez ya can't beat the comfort of a Butler seat mod....unless ya mount a recliner on yer scoot.....:whistling:

I got by seats back from Rick very quickly after I sent them and I finally got a chance to get on and ride. I spent a couple of hours on there last weekend and can really tell a difference. First of all, it doesn't push me up against the gas tank anymore, and it feels much more plush - it absorbs a lot of the previously annoying bumps. I'm really looking forward to a longer ride and getting my wife on her new seat as well. This was a great mod - well worth the effort and at a great price!

Thanks for the work and the great turnaround, Rick.