IGNORED

I have an announcement!

GAWildKat

It became official yesterday. Starting Monday, Georgia Farm Bureau Insurance has a new Programmer 1! Mike/ StormRaven earned a 29% raise, taking him from the salary he was earning to what takes effect next week. Other programmer 1s at GFB are currently making are making 20% less.

I'll point out too, last yr he made $21k between Radioshack and GFB, the year before $14k at Radioshack, 2011 was his worst employment yr, made $5k at Radioshack. 2010 was spent on worker's comp so we don't count it.

He is now the highest paid programmer 1 in GFB history. While it wasn't the pay he wanted, the directors over IT made it clear they want him to stay and want to earn his long term retention.

No one could be more proud than me of what he has accomplished in the last four years. Especially since the wreck that almost left him with an unknown future after the head injury. His parents wrote him off as a failure years ago and now don't truly acknowledge how far he's come, especially since the wreck. This is the same guy a year ago was told by his DM @ Radioshack that he would not amount to anything. (Not that he listened.)

Next step, college graduation on May 9th, 2 degrees, Computer Programming and Network Engineering.

Guess GEICO didn't understand what they missed out on when they turned him down for employment. ...oh well. He loves his work environment @GFB.

Edited by GAWildKat
changed percentages and other edits

Other than Don and Patti's meet n eat in May all plans this year are up in the air. Asheville may be doable since Mike won't be back in college this fall. We want to do International this yr since it is so close to home, but waiting to see how things work out this summer.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

CONGRATS!!! From another that has had his noggin banged around more than his share!!! Sometime those husbands just don't understand.....:whistling:

They told my family after one incident that if I did wake up they would be spoon feeding me the rest of my short life. Tricked em again!!!:duck:

Congrats Mike I had no doubt. We will make a Wrench out of you yet. You can keep the computers!:clap2::clap2:

WOW Kat,, THAT is awesome!! Congrats to you both!! I always stand in amazement at people like Mike who have have not only overcome great physical obstructions but have gone on and done great things in life - that hubby of yours is a keeper!!

Tippy and I are proud of him and happy for the both you!! :thumbsup:

Puc

Great news. It couldn't have happened to a better person. This lets you know Mike is a very qualified person to get a raise from Ga Farm Bureau. Just a couple of years ago they were almost broke. Not only could they not write new business but they had to get ride of existing business because they didn't have enough money in reserve to support the premim they had on the books. That's why they signed a contract with Progressive to sell auto insurance and Travlers and ASI to write homeowner insurance. They contracted with Foremost to sell mobile home insurance. Another suprise they got was settling the liability claim for the crematory they insured but the owner wasn't cremating the bodies. You might have seen this on the news. A friend of mine, a former farm bureau agent, knows the claims manager personally. There was a high level meeting with the executives and they asked the claims manager for his recommendation. He said we can settle this claim for 6 million and I recommend we do that and move on. The executives said no we are going to fight this. The claim was settled later for 93 million. This hurt the GA Farm Bureau. They should have never insured the crematory because they don't have the expertise for this kind of commercial account. This doesn't have anything to do with Mike but just wanted you all to know.

Hi Patricia

Congratulations to you and Mike. I know hard it can be to continue to support someone that everybody else has written off. When they finally make it just feels so good for all of you that you want to just bust out yelling and screaming and telling everyone. Sounds like life is starting to really open up for Mike and I hope all continues to go well.God bless you both.

Way to go. I know it has been a tough road for ya'll and am glad to see that your perseverance is starting to pay off. To hear your story today comes at a great time for me. I needed inspiration today for a task I am trying to conquer. Your story has given me that needed inspiration.

Ride Happy Ride Safe