IGNORED

Our new ride

rickardracing

Well after a long dranw out ordeal, we finally got our new SUV. My wife had a 2013 Honda CRV. We were not too happy with the 4 banger performance or the handling in the snow. It would go through the deep stuff, but once you got up over 25 mph, it felt like it was "hydroplaning" on the snow. So we decided to get a Kia Sorento. But, there were none available in Sage Green with black leather interior and the options we wanted. We got ahold of a dealer and they inquired with Kia Corporate if we could order one. Generally if a vehicle is built over seas, they come they way they come. But the Sorento is built right here in the good ole USA in Georgia. They let us "custom" order one. Took 4 weeks, a few hic ups with the dealer......loooong story there on how they messed up the order. But we are the proud owners of the one and only......2015.....Kia Sorento in the state of Michigan. AAA insurance had to generate the insurance codes for the vehicle before they could insure it. Here it is. And I must say, I am very impressed with the fit and finish quality. 290 hp V-6.....it moves pretty good!

BEAUTIFUL RIG RICK!!!!!! CONGRATS!!:thumbsup2:

A couple years ago we took our Spectra in for a tank strap recall and got looking at what KIA was up to in new stuff.. I have always said that, IMHO, every car on the road should be Turbo Charged (cheapest, easiest and most fuel efficient HP increase). While at the shop I happen to notice that KIA was taking very serious thought about that idea, they had several stock models that were using turbo technology!!

I told the wife, FINALLY someone is taking a serious look at turbo charging for fuel effeciency!!

Is yours Turboed??

Thanx guys. No it is not turbo charged. It has the 3.3 V-6. I do not want a turbo charged 4 banger. We keep our vehicles for over 200k miles and I just do not see a turbo charger lasting that long. I did have a supercharged V-6 Nissan Xterra. Thar had 249k miles on it when I got rid of it. That thing had low end torque like you would not believe. Hopefully we have good luck with this one. The dealer really fouled up the order and made the whole purchase not one bit enjoyable.

Yep you'll be liking those new wheels. Too bad your buying experience wasn't as satisfying.

We have had a couple of Kia's now and really like what the company offers. First had a Sportage we put 60 k on before trading up to the larger Sorento. Between the two we put on over 105k trouble free miles. Nothings been done regular maintenance, oil & filter changes on them, 1 brake job on the Sportage and a set of tires on both. Speaking of tires the original tires on the Sorento weren't snow friendly either so last summer I put on a set of Goodyear's. Doing so made a world of difference this winter driving thru snow. Lots of power from the V-6 as well.

The son has had a couple Kia's as well, currently driving a Soul back and forth to work. Same experiences for him so far.

Larry

Congrats. We purchased a very nice one owner 2012 Kia Optima 90 days ago. 27k miles. Really like the car, 35 mpg on turbo charged 4 cylinder, powerful, comfortable, heated and cooled leather, sharp looking, lots of bells and whistles for the money but disappointed that it does not handle even the smallest amount of snow very well. Considered going back to a Suv, test drove a 2014 High end Sorento, really liked it but the KIA dealer offered us $7500 dollars less than what we gave for the optima only 90 days ago. Looks like my wife will simply drive our Dodge Ram 4x4 in the winter and keep her nice Optima for summer travel.

If you have problems in the snow,,,, change the tires. It's not only the tread design but also the age of the rubber,, more than 2 years on the road and the rubber gets harder and will not do well in snow.

The vehicle was 10 months old. It was not just the handling in the snow. 4 cylinder motor was not peppy enough and now that I have knee problems, I need more leg room. So it had to go. I did consider another set of tires, but at $800 and no guarantee, we decided to go to the bigger/heavier ride.

Thanx guys. No it is not turbo charged. It has the 3.3 V-6. I do not want a turbo charged 4 banger. We keep our vehicles for over 200k miles and I just do not see a turbo charger lasting that long. I did have a supercharged V-6 Nissan Xterra. Thar had 249k miles on it when I got rid of it. That thing had low end torque like you would not believe. Hopefully we have good luck with this one. The dealer really fouled up the order and made the whole purchase not one bit enjoyable.

If you are just worried about the turbo lasting for 200K, then think about this. All power units for semis have turbocharged diesels, and most will make upwards of 1M miles without too many serious issues, so I think the turbo would not be a concern.

Edited by Stanman
finished last sentence

If you are just worried about the turbo lasting for 200K, then think about this. All power units for semis have turbocharged diesels, and most will make upwards of 1M miles without too many serious issues, so I think the turbo would not be a concern.

Well, the vehicle is in my garage and the V-6 will do me just fine.

You know, Kia is owned by Hyundai. There business plan was the same as Hyundai. Start selling cars in the US for cheap. Then after they had a ton of them on the road and their name was commomplace, They started offering some really innovated autos.

Now they are just like Hyundai; offering some of the best quality cars on the road for a good price.