IGNORED

Bluetooth option(s)

stardbog

Hey Gang, I have question for you guys who are using bluetooth option for helmet audio / intercom / bike to bike. I use to have RSV and love all bells and whistles of audio system.RSV is gone, and this days I ride Stratoliner. Thinking to retire my 15 years old modular helmet with new one. Didn't choose jet, but narrowing my selection slowly. Most of new helmets come with BT ( Bluetooth) options preset.

Thinking loudly, CB is still a king of bike to bike communications. not a best, but widely used by all major bike manufactures Harley , Honda , (Yamaha) Victory, even new Indian.

I can see BT has advantage for rider to passenger communication. , and audio ( no chords ), but reading reviews, they are very limited on number of bike to bike communication. GMRS is best choice about clarity, but once again ... nobody use 'em.

Soooo my set up is:

Handlebar mounted iPhone i use for everything ( music, GPS, camera, radar detector, speedometer ) wired in to saddlebag audio amp and handlebar mounted speakers. there is selector to choose between speakers, headphone or both. I'm using in ear headphones and helmet over, which does good job.

My questions is: Do I need Bluetooth system, and whats your experience? Which model is recommended. And/or how you like J&M handlebar mounted audio / cb ( believe is JMCB2003)

Any input is welcome.

Best,

Dan.

I have the sena smh10. I use it solo with my iphone or with my wife. easy to switch between music and intercom and talk on the iphone if you need to. I haven't tried bike to bike yet but a good friend of mine does every weekend and especially riding as a pair, they have perfect audio for chat. He hasn't tried Three either.

there is no interoperability between systems yet so you are on your own about that.

Lasts about 10-12 hours on a charge but you can plug it in while riding. On my Iron butt days I bring my wife's unit along and swap out when mine dies.

That's all I have for you.

Sorry.

VentureFar

I have done the same as lawboat and purchased two Bilt Bluetooth helmets for my wife and I. I really like the features and it works great with rider to rider communication, music, phone, and gps. Works great and you get a new helmet for under $200.

Thanks for input guys. Q? How helmet fit ? is it run large or smaller than usual size? Ventilation, and did you guys have chance to test helmet in the rain?

Just curious, what are you looking for in " testing in the rain". ?

I have only used scorpion full face and now modular for 10 years and they don't leak ...

VentureFar...

Thanks for input guys. Q? How helmet fit ? is it run large or smaller than usual size? Ventilation, and did you guys have chance to test helmet in the rain?

The helmet fits good. I think they run a little smaller than usual if I remember correctly. Ventilation is ok, fogs up at slow speeds but I just open the visor a little. I have not tested it in the rain.