IGNORED

Need Travel HELP

venture482

Sorry to be misleading with the title, but need some advice please.

In May I'm traveling to Cebu Philippines for 2 weeks to visit a very dear old shipmate of mine who retired there with his incredible good wife (In which I introduced to him, another long story for another time). He has an incurable cancer and is not long for this plain.

What I need to know is what is the best International travelers health Ins . that's reasonable affordable?

I'm retired Navy and all I have is Tricare Prime. But since we don't have bases there anymore it won't cover me there. Also being a Government Military Health system they can't recommend any one company. I was told get on line and search. Well there's too many and I'm not that computer savie.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Respectfully

Gene'o

USN ret

AD1 aw:fingers-crossed-emo

I could send you the information for the company I use (I frequently travel internationally but have never actually needed to use the services so I have NO experience other than signing up for a plan every time I head out), however, I would suggest having a sit down with your local insurance agent and let them do what they do. :thumbsup2:

Everyone at work that travels said they never bother with it, but one suggested you call a travel agent and ask. I had not even thought of asking your own insurance agent.

Here is a link to my travel agent if your insurance agent does not pan out.

Sorry to hear about your friend's condition. I hope that, under the circumstances, you have an enjoyable visit and that he remains as comfortable as possible.

Everyone at work that travels said they never bother with it, but one suggested you call a travel agent and ask. I had not even thought of asking your own insurance agent.

[...]

I work in some unconventional places, a few actually require that you provide proof of insurance coverage before stepping on site. Before I started this kind of work, I would not have not bothered either -- as it turns out (I just verified with one of our lovely secretaries, as I am actually setting up to be gone soon) rather extensive coverage (from treatment for papercuts to amputations, long term hospitalization and even death) for myself works out to less than a dollar per day with nearly no deductible or co-pay. One of these very very low probability of needing the care, but high impact if one does. In the future, for personal travel, I will probably look into the additional coverage since it is quite affordable, rather complete and while I am reasonably healthy, I do not mind paying a little for the 'just in case' scenario.

Cheers :thumbsup2:

Another option you want to look at is Medjet. It covers getting you back to your hospital of choice if you are injured elsewhere. It is not medical insurance. It is only a transportation insurance plan that will provide medical transport from anywhere in the world to your home hospital.

RR