IGNORED

V-MAX Gearset for RSTD or RSV

I don't pull a trailer nor ride heavily loaded........ I just want the acceleration advantage since this is the slowest street bike I have ever owned. Not looking for V-Max acceleration just something more than leisurely get up and go.

Already upgraded ignition, carbs, air filters and exhaust. Last mod for performance until she needs a rebuild. Then cams, springs etc.

Just a little concerned about raising the RPM's too much at 80 mph (speedo will register almost 90) which is where the bike will spend a fair amount of time since our highways are legal up to 75mph. If you don't run 80mph everyone flies by.

I have two 06 rstd one with the gears it is much smoother and just gets to 5th a little sooner no problem with r's that I have noticed usually ride up to about 140 kph which is about 85 on the understandable scale as mentioned if I wanted more top end would install the commander to up the rev limit and smooth out the timing have not felt the need to do that so far

best thing i have done as i have a sidecar and pull a trailer :backinmyday:

Since I just got a sidecar and will probably be putting it on the MM, I'll more than likely go that route with the Vmax differential I took outa my Vmax when I installed the Venture differential in that bike.

Got a lot to do with the sidecar before I get to that point though.

And I'll probably go with a car tire on the bike later too.

I don't know the answer to the light.... I have the vmax rear gears and the dyna3k and monster ovals. We have snow here but I had the bike out out for 30 min before the snow hit and it felt awesome. Felt like I could get rubber out of a hard 2nd get shift. And the ovals sound awesome as well. It really woke the bike up. DO IT....you'll love it.

I'd like to get a tach....never owned a bike that didn't have a tach

Bob

I don't know the answer to the light.... I have the vmax rear gears and the dyna3k and monster ovals. We have snow here but I had the bike out out for 30 min before the snow hit and it felt awesome. Felt like I could get rubber out of a hard 2nd get shift. And the ovals sound awesome as well. It really woke the bike up. DO IT....you'll love it.

I'd like to get a tach....never owned a bike that didn't have a tach

Bob

Made up my mind to do the gears.. I want a tach as well and will probably add in the next few months. I would also like to add a power outlet (2).