IGNORED

Buddy Rich cable

Thanks Wayne. That's the noise canceling ckt. They can hear you fine usually but just a little low. The good thing is even at 80 they won't know your on the bike. I found myself yelling into the mic a couple of times. Started cupping my hand over the mic and then I quit losing my voice. :doh::rotf: But the wife said she could hear me fine.

The cable allows you to use your Bluetooth phone on with your Garmin and your helmet mic. Unfortunately it only works with certain Nuvi and Zumo's or Garmin with a "Mic in" on the device itself or the mount. When a call comes in you just hit answer on the Garmin and start talking into your helmet mic.

Buddy what controls the volume on the phone? Is it the volume on phone? The volume in "IC" or somehow thru the GPS. If I'm slow in a parking lot the wife says she can her me OK, but as speed increases not so good. Also if I find an adapter from the 2.5mm plug to the 3mm can the plug that goes into the GPS be simply plugged into the phone and used?

Edited by djh3

IC controls the volume. How high are you running the IC.

Plugging directly into the phone I don't think your gonna hear it. The audio out of the Zumo or Nuvi is feeding into your AUX. There is a master volume on the Zumo's that needs to be adjusted all the way up. Don't know about the Nuvi's

Yea I'm running a Nuvi 765T. I'm not completly sure where the volume was when I was trying it. I did think of the nothearing it and got a splitter kind of thing made for lap tops so you could run an in and out audio, then run the 2.5mm adapter. But I have not yet tried it. I think the stupid phone takes a 4 ring pin and the 2x1 adapter might only be 3.

• 2 years later...