IGNORED

Reopening our Campground

OrlinEngh

We have decided to reopen our campground there will be 2 areas one down by the creek with 5 campsites and the other will be above the road with 5 campsites and that will be motorcycle friendly easy to get to camping inside parking.

It will be some what rustic camping there will be clean porta poties and a place to shower and fresh water close by.

We are located 6 miles outside of Viroqua Wi, and are in the middle of some of the areas best riding roads if you like riding the hill country.

There also will be a shop where you can do oil changes and light repairs if needed.

And if you would like some company on a ride around the area it wouldnt take much to talk Sharon and me into going for a ride.

Orlin

Having been to Camp Orlin the last few years, I can attest to it being:

1) Rustic (keeps out the riff raff HUGE RVer's that cocoon inside their vehicle).

2) Extremely friendly hosts.

3) Excellent tour-guided rides thru beautiful S.W. WI.

4) Very good workshop area for light maint or just BSing.

5) NO POND MONSTERS!

6) Goats available for solo riders (right, Biiiillllllllyyyyyy?)

7) Occasional bonfires.

8) Can have too much fun on even 30% chance of rain days.

-They call me Andrew

We have decided to reopen our campground there will be 2 areas one down by the creek with 5 campsites and the other will be above the road with 5 campsites and that will be motorcycle friendly easy to get to camping inside parking.

It will be some what rustic camping there will be clean porta poties and a place to shower and fresh water close by.

We are located 6 miles outside of Viroqua Wi, and are in the middle of some of the areas best riding roads if you like riding the hill country.

There also will be a shop where you can do oil changes and light repairs if needed.

And if you would like some company on a ride around the area it wouldnt take much to talk Sharon and me into going for a ride.

Orlin

Thanks Orlin for posting this!! You are in the perfect spot for folks heading west out of Michigan - that corridor between Chicago and the La Crosse can be dicey for finding camping spots (especially during rally times).. Great little piece of inside info!!

I hope it's dryer than last year! :whistling:

AMEN to that brother!!!!

• 3 months later...

We will be open the 1st weekend in May for camping, The name for the campground is Oscar's Hideaway it is named after my Dad, And our son Oscar that will be helping alot with all of the work I am really looking forward to having going again.

Orlin and Sharon

I hope to take the SS. Badger from N. Mich across Lake Michigan to WI. Been to LaCrosse, WI 3 times but always in Car. Want to make RSV w/ Trailer on a Camping Trip your way S.W. WI. Plz PM me some Pictures of Camping Area and local sites and roads?

Charlie