IGNORED

Thanks Shout Out to Bob Myers

AKRefugee

Gotta give a huge Thanks to Bob Myers

Had a crash in October in Somerset KY about 375 miles from home. Bob immediately sent message offering to come scoop us and the bike up and help get us home.

I had already made arrangements to get us home by the time I seen his message but had no idea what I was going to do with the bike. Bob said no problem that he would store it for me as long as I needed and even offered to make the 2 hour round trip to go get it for me. The insurance company still owed me a tow on it so I got them to agree to let it be taken to Bob's place. At that point Bob coordinated with the towing company to get it to him. The towing company changed the date several times and was several hours late getting there on the day they towed it but Bob was just patient and polite with them and got my bike to his place. I can not tell you what it meant to have the load of having the care of the bike taken off my shoulders. It allowed me to totally focus on making sure my wife and I were properly taken care of medically with out that distraction.

I was able to finally go get the bike this past week. When we got there Bob immediately took over. He told me that my ribs were probably still hurting some (which they were) and that he would take care of getting the bike loaded and tied down on the trailer I was to just stay out of the way. I of course objected (because it didn't hurt to awfully much) but he would not have anything to do with it and went ahead and took care of it. When he was done let me tell you that thing was as secure as any bike has ever been. I didn't have to make a single adjustment on the way home. Talk about peace of mind.

Afterwards Bob and his delightful wife Tina and myself and my Sweetie Sue went out for dinner. We had a wonderful time visiting, and of course eating, and had a lot of laughs.

It is people like Bob and Tina that make this site the wonderful family that it is. When perfect strangers step up to the plate the way Bob did, to help out someone they have never met it can not help but touch your heart. The burden that he lifted from me in my time of need, and the new friendship we have acquired because of this site, are blessing beyond description.

THANKS BOB AND TINA MYERS :thumbsup:

I have tried twice to meet up with Bob. But my travel plans got changed. I actually met Bob over on the Kawaski boards. LOL Then when I saw he was here too I though maybe he was a stalker. :rotf:JK We have had a few good dicssions and any dealing I have had with him have been all good. He has helped me out on a couple of ocasions and I aint even been in that kind of shape. Glad things are progressing for you. May take your ins company awhile to pay off your claim. They have a tendancy to drag thier feet when they have to give your money back out. Hop all is good and on the mend.

Kevin,

We appreciate the kind words but really we didn't do any thing for you that you would not have done for us or any one else.

It pleased me immensely to be able to help you and Sue, would have done more if you had let us. We were all ready to drive you home if you had let us!

You and Sue are both delightful people, we look forward to breaking bread with you again soon.:080402gudl_prv:

Tina has mentioned several times that it is unfortunate that you live so far away, she would like to spend more time getting to know you folks