IGNORED

Artic Blast

Phoneman1981

53 degrees this afternoon. I have a cold and do not feel good enough to ride. Weather forecast is calling for Artic cold front to arrive Tuesday. High's in the Teens and lows at night -10 to -20 below. CRAP!!!!!!

That cold front you're talking about is suppose to slam through here tonight (Sunday Night)

6" to 12" of white stuff, depending where you live. And up to 50 MPH winds.

Looks like Thursday we get a high of -24C and a low of -31C.

I'm not permitted to say what i want to say about winter on this family channel.

Except for #@&*&%#$(*(()*&&)&*^$#

#@&*&%#$(*(()*&&)&*^$#

Don't really know what that is supposed to say, but if you think it says 'I hate snow', you're wrong, way tooo many letters.

Send it to S.Ontario, we're ready!!!! and if you send too much I know of a place a little south of here that has some room for temporary storage.

Guest tx2sturgis

Tuned in expecting to see something about artic vodka.

Turns out...its only a typo...:think:

And here I thought it was gonna be a party!

:beer:

Dang.

I guess it might be cruel to show you the forcast for out meet and eat Sat huh? But it is cooling off, 3 weeks ago it was in the 90"s.

Sat Dec 7

http://s.imwx.com/v.20131006.215227/img/wxicon/70/30.png 84°

66°

Partly Cloudy

Chance of rain:10%Wind:SE at 6 mph

#@&*&%#$(*(()*&&)&*^$#

Don't really know what that is supposed to say, but if you think it says 'I hate snow', you're wrong, way tooo many letters.

Send it to S.Ontario, we're ready!!!! and if you send too much I know of a place a little south of here that has some room for temporary storage.

It was I Hate Winter with a few more colorful words.

Lots of Hwys closed. At 2:30 there were varying reports of a 15 to 40 car pile up on one major hwy.

I think we're past the three ft mark for snow already this winter!!

YA we'll send it your way, I think we have enough for a bit. LOL

Geeze I knew there was a good reason when I moved from Oklahoma I went south. I know some of you all like the changing seasons and cold and all that. But I'll take changing the wardrobe from shorts and t-shirts to long pants and t-shirts. Burrrrrr

Got the chance to ride for 3 days in a row. To and from work was fun. Gerbings were out.

Today - foggy conditions and rain in the forecast. The only consolation is above average temperature. In about 2 days, temps should drop 20 degrees colder. 💦❄️

Looks like riding may have to wait until next week.

OOOOOOOH MY GOODNESS !!!!!! woke up after my late sift to find it had..... you know....that white stuff it is all over the place.

I went out and readdressed it to BigTom out in New York, postage might be crazy but it will be worth it.:snow: Dang there has to be near 1/2 an inch of it out there, they will shutting down the city soon.

Do you think you guys will be able to recover from such huge amount of SNOW!!! :snow2: 1/2" sad!! :rotf:

It could go down as the Blizzard of '13 !!!! I have heard of school closures in the outlying areas ( not safe for the school buses) The city of Victoria does not own a snow plow, but they have been real good with salt brine on the road so we are safe so far. I have to be at work in 1/2 hour to keep the heat on at the Legislature.... tho there is no government officials there.

Forecast low of minus 7 Celsius.... that is so crazey I am not even going to try and convert it for our US friends to Fahrenheit.

Wednesday night went to the local biff burger for bike night, and had a big ole pulled smoked beef sandwich and fries while sitting on the patio in my shorts watching all the bikes go in and out of the parking lot. Damn palm fronds keep waving and hitting me in the back of the head. Might have got down to 74 or so my honey snuggled up real close on the back of the bike all the way home:whistling:

ok now to add to it all the power went out to the city, 54,000 homes anyway, and yes my heating plant too. Power goes out boiler goes off, everything shuts down until emergency generator kicks on then I can restart a small feed water pump, all good..... power comes back on, generators shut off..... then power drops out again.... 2 minutes... a life time in a dark steam plant..... generators come on..... feed water pump will not come on.... feed water is very important on steam boilers.

Seemed like hours till power back on to stay 20 minutes later... restart everything get it all reheated.... not a good start to my shift.

I wanna go home.