IGNORED

my dealings with Harley

Woody

Ok the first part of this is a repeat for the ones that did not see it or have forgotten about my ordeal with the Harley shop. I bought my TriGlide 24 Sept 2013. I got a call Tuesday 1 Oct 2013 that my CB radio and safety chrome I ordered was there so we made an appointment for Friday morning 4 Oct 2013, I was to be there by 0900. I worked off night shift Friday morning went home got the trike and was at Harley by 0845. They carried my trike to the back at 0900 and I did not hear anything until 1200 the shop manager came up to me and said I am sorry but we do not have all the parts to install your radio and explained it was not his fault it was mother Harley and me being the understanding person that I am, said ok what about my other accessories and he said we are going to start on them now. WHAT!!! It took you three (yes I said 3) hours to figure out that all the parts were not there on a radio that was supposed to be more or less a plug and play type deal and one of the parts missing was the antenna. Can you say DUH. Well they gave me plenty of time to cool off cause it was after 3 o’clock before the manager came out and says your bike is on the wash rack it will be out shortly. Then at 1610 hrs there comes my trike fresh off the wash rack with something brown on the exhaust pipe and the wrong trunk rack on it. I told the young man as politely as a sailor would, that is the wrong trunk rack. he says I am just a wash boy I do not do mechanic work I just wash the bikes then the old staff sergeant came out in me and I pointed out the brown substance on my new bike. This boy looks at me and says would you like for me to go get something and clean that off, I almost had a stroke! The other guy in there said I hurt the boys feelings. The shop manager says they are going to correct everything and make it right I plan on giving them every opportunity until they do.

Now the follow up. in the last 2 months I received a do not ride safety recall, a cooling water recall, and made numerous phone calls to the Harley shop. I did manage to put a 1000 miles on the bike. so last Monday I carried the trike in and left it with them told them I would pick it up today. well I can finally say they lived up to their word! I got the right rack on, the CB is installed and they updated my infotainment software, and got the 1000 mile service done.

there may be hope for these guys yet. sorry for the long story but to darn cold to ride. Yes that is a Venture flag on there I know where my roots are. :)

[ATTACH]81152[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81153[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81154[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]81155[/ATTACH]

Edited by Woody

I'm glad you're getting the bike how you want it.

One reason I've liked the Venture vs. the Harley, is the air cooled/water cooled difference. I'm glad to see them moving into the water cooled bike world....but I looks to have its challenges.

Who knows, maybe I'll have one of those also.

Great looking bike!!

Dave

Just a question about your picture you posted of your trike with the license plate covered. Not trying to be mean, just a question. Why cover the plate? I realize it could be tracked back to you and your address probably discovered. You ride the bike out in public where it is visible to everyone.

Gary

Just a question about your picture you posted of your trike with the license plate covered. Not trying to be mean, just a question. Why cover the plate? I realize it could be tracked back to you and your address probably discovered. You ride the bike out in public where it is visible to everyone.

Gary

more people on the net than behind me on the road. I posted before and did not cover the plate and was advised I needed to. oh well I don't know :confused24:

Guest tx2sturgis

Three hours is nothing.

At the Yamaha dealerships I have visited I have been told that oil changes, tire changes, and other minor work will take a week! The HD dealership may have had issues with other customer's bikes...you never know.

Now the wrong rack and crud on the bike...time to start being selective and possibly requesting a favorite technician or to be able to talk to him directly.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 4

Edited by tx2sturgis

Linda says that the back of the bike looks nice. Uhhh, she wants to know what the rest of it looks like.:detective:

RandyA

Tell Linda I was thinking the same thing as I click on the pictures...I guess if I was ashamed of my bike I wouldn't photograph it either.......:stickpoke:..:rasberry:

Woody, I hope I was just kidding.......:thumbsup2:

I had my GW covered up in my garage one day and the neighbor told me if he was ashamed of his bike he would cover it up too.. I have never forgot his comment..

You have a beautiful trike for sure. Hope the HD dealer comes through for you in the future.

I hope your dealer gets things going in a positive direction for you. All brands have good and bad dealers. Doesnt matter if its a car/truck, snowmobile, or atv either. My HD dealer is an hour and a half away. I had to have a brake wiring recal done. While there I had them check the stearing head as well. While there, it was running close to lunch hour, and the shop manager threw me the keys to his own vehicle so I could go get something to eat. A little goes a long ways, and when you find the dealer who does the little things that go over and above you stick with them....

Linda says that the back of the bike looks nice. Uhhh, she wants to know what the rest of it looks like.:detective:

RandyA

OK I have time to reply now was running a little behind this mourning. Randy just tell Linda the next time I see her I'll let her ride it.........

This is why most of us have " Two " bikes !!! In some case's even more then Two !! :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

thats right and old dependable is my Venture.

Tell Linda I was thinking the same thing as I click on the pictures...I guess if I was ashamed of my bike I wouldn't photograph it either.......:stickpoke:..:rasberry:

but I did take a picture, I said before I would say the Devil made me do it but Trina gets mad when I call her that.

Woody, I hope I was just kidding.......:thumbsup2:

I had my GW covered up in my garage one day and the neighbor told me if he was ashamed of his bike he would cover it up too.. I have never forgot his comment..

You have a beautiful trike for sure. Hope the HD dealer comes through for you in the future.

yea I know you just kidding Eck

I think I like it better now, matter of fact I think I'll go for a ride.

So far I have been extremely fortunate to have my shop not only close by but very on top of things when need be. My Vulcan had intermittent starting, they said nothing wrong. I said OK, WHEN it won't start will you come get me? Yep....

2 weeks later which is today, they come to get me from I work and trailer the bike no questions asked.

Idk how my NY attitude would have been able to remain calm if I had woody's experience the first time.

At least they are TRYING to make it right. Keep your eyes peeled for future situations...