IGNORED

Saddlebag Hinges

Has anyone had issues with the loosening of the screws for saddlebag hinges? It looks like I have to take off the inside material hinge stop to get to them. Should I just tighten them or should I get some locktite for the job?

You can use Locktite (the Blue type) on them but use it sparingly and make sure not a drop spills on the plastic. In time it will eat it up. You can also use a bit of teflon tape to make them stiffer in the threads. I have Locktite on mine - did put it on the threads and then wiped any excess away so there was only a thin layer in the threads. Worked for me and they wont get loose.

You can use Locktite (the Blue type) on them but use it sparingly and make sure not a drop spills on the plastic. In time it will eat it up. You can also use a bit of teflon tape to make them stiffer in the threads. I have Locktite on mine - did put it on the threads and then wiped any excess away so there was only a thin layer in the threads. Worked for me and they wont get loose.

I have been using Plumbers GOOP (GOOP being the brand name) instead of Locktite and it seems to be holding up. :322:

I tightened the screws once years ago using no locktite and they have held just fine. I personally would not use locktite near any plastic.

I tightened mine up over a year ago and have not had a problem since. I have ridden 25,000 miles with no problems. Check your screws on the trunk also. I make it a habit to go through twice a year to check every bolt, nut, and screw.

:sign yeah that: