IGNORED

Would YOU pull this?

Prairiehammer

I welded pipe for the boilermakers back in my younger days and gotta say,, I sure dont like the looks of the welds I see in those pics.. Just from that alone I would say no, I wouldnt trust that one.. On the other hand, I am one who really apprectiates off the wall stuff and the wierdness of this trailer does have produce a draw to me,, kinda cool in a backyard kinda way!!

No way would I want that with the way those welds look either. Like cowpuc says the idea may be ok. Another thing is that it could be top heavy depending on what you put in it and on how wide the wheels are. For the cost you may still be better off getting a HF trailer and car top it.

Larry

Ah I have seen scary'r welds on roll cages on stock cars guys are relyin thier lifes on. They dont look good for sure. Neither do my wire feed welds anymore. Not sure what my stick welding looks like anymore either. Would I have ground them down and maybe layed another bead there to make myself feel better? You bet.

Gets a B for idea and initiative I guess. Function I'm not so sure. I'm thinkin for the effort/dollar = the harbor freight deal wins.

As people said, the welding didn't look that clever, but the absence of any attempt to prime and/or paint them worried me even more. I've looked at it a few times and can't quite visualise how that swingarm moves. It looks as if parts of the top and bottom are welded together, though that's probably just me.

Add a grate inside and a smokestack and you got yourself a mobile smoker there.

Pull it around the yard, maybe.

:whistling:

HAHA exactly. Depends on stiffness of the shock looks like it might hop around the road like a jack rabbit if it stays together that long. :think:

Brad

:rotf::rotf::rotf:

With the thanks giving turkey thats being smoked inside it being bounced from shelf to shelf.. I would love to pull into Sturgis like this...

Puc

Check out this homemade trailer. Be sure to look at the picture of the "monoshock" suspension and the associated fabrication.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Pull-Behind-Trailer-No-Reserve-/121219431831?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1c393dbd97&item=121219431831&pt=Motors_Trailers

:whistling:

I think the fellow that welded that should have used Double Bubble Gum

Instead of welding .Would have done a better job. Reminds me of a welder we

had at work (looks about the same).