IGNORED

Darin Zitka is my brother

Folks,

I come on very humbly and ask for y'all to say a little prayer for my younger brother Darin. I just found out about an hour ago that while he was at work this morning he had an accident as his boss accidentally hit him with a front end loader.

He has a broken pelvis, and although it is not life threatning right now, he will go in for surgery on Saturday. I am getting a little information from my parents and sister in law, but he's holding his own right now.

If you would please drop a little note to God and ask for him to be with my brother it would ease my mind an awful lot :)

Guest tx2sturgis

He might be in a wheelchair for a while but I hope (and bet) they can get him fixed up.

Sorry to hear about this but hang in there for your brother.

Thank you everyone, I can't tell you how much your prayers means to me, Darin is the only brother I have.

I have been getting some updates, and it's not all gloom and doom. Just to give you a bit of insight, Darin works for a auto scrap yard (or junk yard as many of us call them) It appears that he was pinned between a truck and the rear wheel of a small front end loader. It pinched him between both, not good. There is some internal bleeding, but they are checking his hemoglobin levels every 2 hours. If it get's bad they will go in tonight, if not then he's still on for the Saturday surgery. He has a pin in right now and is in traction, he's not too happy about that, but I know I wouldn't be either.

There is some good news in this, atleast the surgery. The same orthopedic surgeon that performed both of my Dads hip replacements is going to do the operation. He is VERY sharp and I like him a lot, so I dont have that stress to worry about.

I did get to talk with him for about 2 minutes, obviously groggy from being doped up, but I heard his voice and was able to let him know I loved him, so that in itself made me feel a lot better. I will keep y'all informed as this goes along, I have a feeling it's going to be a long recovery. I hate to see him have to be this way for his birthday (which is Thanksgiving again this year) but so far he's still here to have a birthday, and I am VERY thankful for that

....Thank you for helping me keep my sanity.

Brad