IGNORED

CB Radio Disconnect

I'm thinking probably nothing. Since the radio is located back under the trunk it probably just has a cable... been there..can't remember.... and just unplug it. As far as affecting the rest of the system?? Give it a try and see if everything still works. Why would you want to remove the CB in the first place??

I removed mine and have no problems. You can even do it in a way that it can be restored if you change your mind or sell the bike. To answer the question "why". If you don't use the CB, don't like those dual big whips, then why have the weight.

My thoughts exactly, I'd like to remove the antenna, and the unit, I've never used it. So, I'll just unplug it at the radio, under the front fairing, and remove the CB (under the trunk) and the whip. No impact on the stereo if I do this.

Great, Thanks for the info.

Guest tx2sturgis
Why would you want to remove the CB in the first place??

Probably the same reason that some owners remove the cassette player. Sometimes less is more.

:happy34:

Edited by tx2sturgis

• 7 years later...
On 11/16/2013 at 8:36 PM, Condor said:

I'm thinking probably nothing. Since the radio is located back under the trunk it probably just has a cable... been there..can't remember.... and just unplug it. As far as affecting the rest of the system?? Give it a try and see if everything still works. Why would you want to remove the CB in the first place??

RSV-Have removed the rear seat in hopes of disconnecting the CB. Can I disconnect there or only under the fairing?