IGNORED

Change name of site!!!

Huggy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh not to worry. I am here and watching this thread as well as the other one. I am always open to the thoughts and suggestions of the members here but my personal opinion is that it would be a mistake to change the name of this group. Hey....we are what we are. All are welcome but VentureRiders is our identify and I would hate to lose that.

I think we need to change the name of this site to " Old Farts, Food, Bikes and Better Half's Club". I have come to this conclusion since Freebird jumped ship and bought a Hardly, WE now need to be politically correct and include all bike owners and NOT be accused of being discriminatory or exclusivenist, not likely a real word but works for me!!

Also the main theme of this site is "Where is the next "Eating Function" disguised as a motorcycle gathering" going to be and "I'll bring my better half so she can't complain about me being out with "THOSE GUY'S Again" and never taking her anywhere!!!!

An that's my thought's on the site and it's going to be a long winter!!!:whistling:

It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! :bang head::bang head::bang head:

K M .......what was it???:think:

Is there anyone on this site besides Freebird and myself who can remember the VTS (Venture Touring Society) and when it became the MTA (Motorcycle Touring Association) which prompted the start of this site??????

And as for changing the name to the AdVenture Riders. I made that recommendation 7/8 years ago.

But I guess the wheels on the bus just keep going round and round.

:15_8_211[1]:

Yes I was a member of the VTS and then the MTS and then the short period of time it went back to being the VTS when the Royal Star 1st came out and then when it went back to the MTS. I don't keep up that membership any more but there were some good people there. I came to this website from Veturers.Org when Don started this one up. I still maintain membership in both again because of the people.

I HOPE everyone understands I started this thread all in fun since there just seemed to be few members actually on the forum. :whistling:

Ya we know, but you started it and now your stuck with all the wise cracks we can come up with. :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Enjoy and have a laugh along with the rest of us.

Bubber

That's what happens when I hide in the basement away from the cold and snow!!!:stickpoke:

And the wife and her mother!!!:depressed: Now I just hope I can survive putting up the DA$# Christmas lights on Saturday!!!!:crying:

Should know better than to let the wife read over my shoulder... See I'm not the only one was her comment which means get out the ladder. Love the season and the reason just not fond of the rush

I solved that issue when I renovated the house I put switched outlets in . And putting up Christmas lights simply requires flippin a switch.

I solved that issue when I renovated the house I put switched outlets in . And putting up Christmas lights simply requires flippin a switch.

Ohhhhhh I'm not allowed to leave them up!!! The powers that be say they look sooooo tacky if there are left up!! And my mother in-law thinks any kind of out door lighting is tacky!!!!! And its a real waste of effort, time and hydro!!!! And the Christmas tree should only go up two days before Christmas and come down the day after boxing day!!!!:yikes: And the old bag hates Christmas music! She takes ALL the fun out of the season!!!!!!:think:

It's like living with the Griswalds in-laws. !bang%20head.gifbang%20head.gifbang%20head.gifbang%20head.gifbang%20head.gif