IGNORED

Change name of site!!!

Huggy

I think we need to change the name of this site to " Old Farts, Food, Bikes and Better Half's Club". I have come to this conclusion since Freebird jumped ship and bought a Hardly, WE now need to be politically correct and include all bike owners and NOT be accused of being discriminatory or exclusivenist, not likely a real word but works for me!!

Also the main theme of this site is "Where is the next "Eating Function" disguised as a motorcycle gathering" going to be and "I'll bring my better half so she can't complain about me being out with "THOSE GUY'S Again" and never taking her anywhere!!!!

An that's my thought's on the site and it's going to be a long winter!!!:whistling:

It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! :bang head::bang head::bang head:

Edited by Huggy
My lousy spelling!!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we need to change the name of this site to " Old Farts, Food, Bikes and Better Half's Club". I have come to this conclusion since Freebird jumped ship and bought a Hardly and now we need to be politically correct and include all bike owners and NOT be accusedof being discriminatory or exclusivenist, not likely a real word but works for me!!

Also the main theme of this site is "Where is the next "Eating Function" disguised as a motorcycle gathering" going to be and "I'll bring my better half so she can't complain about me being out with "THOSE GUY'S Again" and never taking her anywhere!!!!

Any that's my thought's on the site and it's going to be a long winter!!!:whistling:

It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! It's going to be a long winter!! :bang head::bang head::bang head:

Most of the old crew have moved on. Site needs to be named the 'Biker Blog'..... :backinmyday:

thought you guys AND gals would get so old you would give in to the rebels on this site!!!:bang head: Next we will all switch to car tires, get haircuts and wear orange and black. To think that I have to unstitch the large venturerider patch (ain't gonna be easy with my eyesight:shock3:) and replace it with generic motorcycle club patch.....(paid good money to get the first one sown on:mo money:) Is there no one out there who can save us????? Is this the end of the tomfoolery we need a HERO :Venture: Switch Venture West to Anybody Show Up. Think I might go look at a Kawasaki voyager and :mytruck1::no-no-no:

Is there anyone on this site besides Freebird and myself who can remember the VTS (Venture Touring Society) and when it became the MTA (Motorcycle Touring Association) which prompted the start of this site??????

And as for changing the name to the AdVenture Riders. I made that recommendation 7/8 years ago.

But I guess the wheels on the bus just keep going round and round.

:15_8_211[1]:

When have we not invited the riff raff riding less trustworthy bikes??:bighug:

Yes we definitely have, BUT the name of the site is Venture Rider. Where it should reflect that we also allow all bike riders! We could call it VentureRidersandallthosotherguys.org Which would be politically correct and still reflect our roots/origins!!! :think:

Is there anyone on this site besides Freebird and myself who can remember the VTS (Venture Touring Society) and when it became the MTA (Motorcycle Touring Association) which prompted the start of this site??????

Why yes, yes, I do.

Do you also know what has happened to the MTA nee VTS since that organization changed from a Venture exclusive club to an all inclusive club? It is pretty much dead.

I think we need to change the name of this site to " Old Farts, Food, Bikes and Better Half's Club". I have come to this conclusion since Freebird jumped ship and bought a Hardly, WE now need to be politically correct and include all bike owners and NOT be accused of being discriminatory or exclusivenist, not likely a real word but works for me!!

An that's my thought's on the site and it's going to be a long winter!!!:whistling:

Your suggestion is still discriminatory......Not all of us are old farts .....Heck I am barely into my 6th decade...:backinmyday::backinmyday::backinmyday:

Does this happen every fall.....all of a sudden there is a lot of second guessing on this site. :confused07:

Before joining this site I looked at a number of other touring related sites and none of them compare to the quality of this site....I am open to change and opening the site to recruit new blood....especially if Yamaha does not come up with a new Venture.....but dont lose a good thing in the process. :322:

I think it's just an early start to PMS setting in. Wait till it really starts snowing up north. We in the south just indulge our northern brethren who have to put up with this nasty season of winter.:whistling:

They'll be fine they just need to go get some ice cream. Ice cream cures all. :)

Margaret

Hey lets call ourselves the VentureRiders.org.

NOW ALL of you go lay down by your bowl!

I can't remember what day it is and you all want to change the name of the site.

FREEBIRD! where the heck are you? Put a stop to this before they elect Black Owl to some office or something.

Je

Does this happen every fall.....all of a sudden there is a lot of second guessing on this site. :confused07:

Before joining this site I looked at a number of other touring related sites and none of them compare to the quality of this site....I am open to change and opening the site to recruit new blood....especially if Yamaha does not come up with a new Venture.....but dont lose a good thing in the process. :322:

:sign yeah that:

And as for changing the name to the AdVenture Riders. I made that recommendation 7/8 years ago.

But I guess the wheels on the bus just keep going round and round.

:15_8_211[1]:

this is funny because Don emailed about leaving and coming over here about 2003

I remember Maddabber (Darrell) from London Ontario who I believe was the president at one time. He also won a trailer but never got it before he passed.

Never heard anything about the MTA after he passed.

Brad