IGNORED

No Country for Old Men

Bartley

Just came home from seeing the movie 'No Country for Old Men', and I was just wondering..... are guns that 'popular' in Texas? I've heard that Texans like their guns, but I think I might be a tad nervous riding through rural Texas after seeing that movie. Anyone else seen it?

Just came home from seeing the movie 'No Country for Old Men', and I was just wondering..... are guns that 'popular' in Texas? I've heard that Texans like their guns, but I think I might be a tad nervous riding through rural Texas after seeing that movie. Anyone else seen it?
and I'm still trying to figure out how that film got nominated for any award much less one of those gold things, what do they call those things again??:whistling:

Being from Texas,not seeing the movie though,It is PERFECTLY safe. I would say your dangers are in the BIG city where the Gangs are would be the only problem.As far as I know nearly all the cities have a gang problem. Personally I have a Conceal Carry License as does my wife.It is For protection only.I would ALWAYS try and walk away from a problem but as sad as it is in the real world there are some BAD people that have no respect at all for human life.Movies over dramatize alot of things and alot of our people in Hollywood are anti-guns and have an agenda they try to put in their movies that are very suttle. I hope this response does not cause a "spirited " gun debate but I am thankful it is our right to carry.Here in Texas it is VERY isolated in alot of areas and if you CAN get 911 it may take hours to get to the location where you are.

I live and ride here and for the last 10 years not once has our Right to carry laws been a problem. there is a confidence in knowing for every nut case there are thousand of level headed adults who are willing to take charge of a situtation.

Bottom line is YOU ARE Safe here,, Safer than in most places Id bet. You will not find a more motorcycle friendly enviroment than here, and the weather is great most of the year. WE dont have winter storage here,, oh thats right in South Texas we dont really have winter.

Bill P Come on down:bighug:

Yeah, I know it's probably as safe as anywhere. The last time I did some riding in Texas was back in 1978 on my Kawasaki Z1 900. Enjoyed it alot at that time. But times have sure changed since then. That same year I also rode bareback with nothing on but sneakers & cut-offs through the middle of Watts, Los Angeles (was visiting a gal who worked for World Impact in that area). That time, I admit, I wasn't prepared for what I encountered and I did get somewhat nervous!