IGNORED

Trike Talk

ragtop69gs

Looks like they're having a bit of trouble with the sever upgrade. The site was only supposed to be down for a short time but I still am getting this message.

Warning: require_once(/home/triketal/content.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/triketal/public_html/index.php on line 4

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/triketal/content.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/triketal/public_html/index.php on line 4

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes Bob you were badly misquoted and poorly understood. If the snow is cleared off and the sun is shining go for a ride and relax. It's only one guy and you explained your position very well the first time and in the subsequent posts. The thread you started is a very interesting thread and there are many who are still sensative about their experience. Take a break for awhile then come back later on. We will miss you over there if you stay away for good. Besides I like seeing you in more then one forum.

Thank you for your service and for starting that thread. I did not serve,it's the only lottery I ever won,but you and service men like you set the foundation for the patriotism of our modern military and the high level of competence they currently have.

Thanks Paul, I appreciate that! My intent for that thread was to bring us Vietnam vets together for support and fellowship. We were severely mistreated by an ungrateful nation and in all honesty it took me personally almost 40 years to finally come to grips with it! I certainly do not enjoy being a type 2 diabetic after literally bathing in dioxin, nor did I particularly want to be divorced twice all because of anger issues and trouble coping in this world not to mention years of drug addiction or alcoholism but that is my cross to bear. I am highly defensive of anyone trying to take anything away from anyone who sacrificed even a little bit whether it be on the ground, in the air, or on the water and to be accused of not feeling that way made me see red!

I will take your advice and cool off for a while and try to thicken my skin...

I too have to wonder what JColson was going off for, Bob your message and stance on the issue at hand was very clear to me, colson attacked you based on a mis-reading on his part.

I tried to enlist in late 73 but the marine recruiter and I were never able to come to terms. I wanted to learn to blow s**t up and he would only promise "a bed & boots :bang head:

I thank you and all who served then and now

TrikeTalk administrator replied:

To jcolson:

I think you may have mis-interpeted a post..I didnt see anything bongobobny said to mean that. I'm sure his intent when starting this thread was to recognize and express his appreciation for everyone who served. I would like to personally say to you thank you for your service jcolson.

To bongobobny:

I want to thank you for starting this thread, I have thoroughly enjoyed following it. I also want to say THANK YOU to everyone of you who have posted in this thread. Your service may not have been appreciated by some when you got home those many years ago, but you can bet they are appreciated by many now.

Apology from jcolson:

I want to personally apologize to bongobny and to all other Vets for my post to him. I had my family read his post and they all said I was taking it the wrong way. So I hope he will forgive me and everyone else also.I really am ashamed for what I said. So I hope bongobny will stay on the site. Again I apologize to Bongohny for my stupidity. Jim