IGNORED

Early Winter

Phoneman1981

Hello Everyone: We had a hot dry summer. Short irrigation water for crops. September has been wet. Hard for our farmers to harvest Beans and hay. An early hearty winter was predicted and it has arrived. Blizzard warning for the next 24 hours. 4 inches of heavy wet branch breaking snow arrived this morning. Still snowing heavy. Hoping Fall returns after this storm. Got in very little Fall riding so far.

Hello Everyone: We had a hot dry summer. Short irrigation water for crops. September has been wet. Hard for our farmers to harvest Beans and hay. An early hearty winter was predicted and it has arrived. Blizzard warning for the next 24 hours. 4 inches of heavy wet branch breaking snow arrived this morning. Still snowing heavy. Hoping Fall returns after this storm. Got in very little Fall riding so far.

You can keep it......

We have been hit in mid Oct. the last couple years. Three feet last year and all most four feet the year before. I would like to get some Bow hunting in before it is over.

Missed by the tornados and no snow here. Did get some crazy rain and high winds and quarter sized hail just east of me. Had to go out and dig out the debris from the culverts under the driveway Friday morning. Had to wait until late afternoon until the road dried off and the road crew got the washed out spots graded back to normal.

Crazy light show with the rain Thursday night. So much lighting activity i didn't need a flashlight outside. Usually i cant see my hand in front of my face out here. First time i had my full frog toggs on without being on the bike.

Been a dry summer here. Surrounded by brown corn and dieing soybeens. Little late for the moisture.

But no damage other than small blown down branches and the fire pit was blown clean.

From my Droid wherever I may happen to be at any given moment.

Hey Phoneman,

I'm up here in Gordon, we have a foot or better with a lot of wind. Still snowing just a little, but not anything like Rapid City got. A lot of branches down but at least still have electricity. Had to move the Venture to get the snow blower out this morning and this is just the beginning.

Ride safe everyone. :cold:

Parts of the Black Hills got up to 4 feet of snow from what I have read. Here in the northeast part of the state we just had rain, and lots of wind. I had about 1.5 inches. But there are places that are knocking on 4 inches of it. Crazy weather, considering there were tornadoes as well in the southeastern part of the state.

Just saw that 48000 customers between Rural Electric, and Black Hills Power companies are without power. Estimates of 24 to 36 hours before they get it back.

Edited by bj66