IGNORED

Rush Slip-ons

I put a pair of rush slip-ons on my 2007 venture about 3000 miles ago.I had Harley slip-ons that I had drilled out on before these.The rush pipes that I put on were off a Harley touring bike.They are a little louder than the Harley pipes but not so loud that you can't hear the radio.I have had a lot of compliments on the sound of them.They are fairly quiet at slow speeds but when you get on it I think they sound like an old big block chevy when the four barrel kicked in.I am happy with these,I had hard chromes on a prior bike and they sounded good but were just a little too loud.Hope this helps you,if you like I can call you so you can hear them over the phone.

I put Rush slip on's on my RSTD years ago. GREAT SOUND!

But because I was lowered in the rear, got a lot of tail scrape cornering and bumps.

I gave the set away and the new owner loved them too.

I replaced them with a ebay set of Barons 4-2-4's. Also great sound and took care of the scrapes as they are low profile.

Both are loud. Too loud for my RSV (two up long distance) I got a set of Road Kings on it. (but still got the RSTD as my loud solo bike).

I did try Chrome Werks. The Rush sounded a LOT better.

You "probably" won't need to adjust anything (carbs or jets).

Do think about how they mount. If they are for HD, you will need some kind of adapter plate for the rear bolt, or may use a steel P-clamp.

Also, for connecting to you pipe, they usually have a pretty skimpy clamp that makes it look like a slip-on. (The stock mufflers have a nice cover piece you will loose.)

I have some really nice clamps from a guy on Ebay, about $36/pr.

Can always add later.

Mike G.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Royal-Star-Venture-Harley-Davidson-Muffler-VTwin-Clamps-II-/251006468295?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a7126c0c7&vxp=mtr

http://i8.ebayimg.com/06/i/001/17/73/088a_12.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Had my Yamaha dealer install the Rush Slip-ons with 1.75" baffle. It did take a lkttle "effort" to get them to slip on, but the sound is exactly what j was looking for. Even the service manager mentoned hlw heave these were compared to others they have installed. That was one of their selling points. No neec to rejet or sync the carbs. Im very pleased. Thanks for all the pointers.

• 2 years later...