IGNORED

Wife wiggled at the wrong moment- word to the wise

VentureFar

Just feel it and can't stop.

been there done that. its amazing how fast our brains work sometimes, you just start to move your foot off the board, the brain goes into hyperdrive.

this is dumb, my foot is going to slip, the bike is one a hill, motor running, girlfriend on back equals face plant and embarassement.

but you can't stop your foot from moving anyway AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

About a month ago I came home for picking up some groceries. The bike must have been EXHAUSTED because just as I came to the garage, and while contemplating giving it a good washing it fell asleep RIGHT THEN AND THERE. :whistling: The sucker was SO sound asleep and on a downhill incline AND on the gravel that I couldn't pick it up.:no-no-no: What's a girl to do?:confused24: So unload the groceries and waited for Ken to come home to help me "wake the bike up". :rotf:Oh and I know that "it didn't happen unless you have a photo" so here is the link below.

http://www.acehighleathers.com/2013/09/every-now-and-then-we-all-have-a-real-oops/

http://www.acehighleathers.com/2013/09/every-now-and-then-we-all-have-a-real-oops/

Edited by Luvdaleather
wanted to add photo

We went to visit a friend at a cottage WAY out in the middle of no-where.

I thought I knew where it was but the reality was I couldn't find it.

We were putting along in first gear up and down these cottage lanes that were sand and soft gravel .

That's when I first found out my charging system was going bad.

I stalled it trying to turn around at the bottom of a hill, and it wouldn't start.

nobody around to help except my wife. No Cell Phone Service either.

We tried pushing it up the hill and bump starting it, but between no speed and soft ground we couldn't get it started. I laid over twice then.

After 5-6 tries we were exhausted so we decided to walk to find help. About 30 min later we found someone

and they gave us a ride back to the bike with some boosters.

Tried it one more time and of course it started right up!

We rode back to the ladies house to phone our friend for directions.

Turned the bike around and my bad leg was so worn out by this time I couldn't hold the bike up and AGAIN it laid down.

I was mad, and embarrassed, frustrated all at the same time.

I got the bike up and at least this time I was at the top of a hill so I just coasted down and got it started. And wouldn't you know it....The front tire washed out in the sand at the bottom of the hill. OVER AGAIN! (that made 4 in one day.):bawling:

At least that time it didn't stall!

Finally got on the road and found our friend....BUT...I almost lost it one more time when the front wheel washed out again...but I managed to save it that time (jamming my bad leg in the process)

So...4 1/2 times in one day....is that a record?

Every time was in soft sand ....so no damage each time

About a month ago I came home for picking up some groceries. The bike must have been EXHAUSTED because just as I came to the garage, and while contemplating giving it a good washing it fell asleep RIGHT THEN AND THERE. :whistling: The sucker was SO sound asleep and on a downhill incline AND on the gravel that I couldn't pick it up.:no-no-no: What's a girl to do?:confused24: So unload the groceries and waited for Ken to come home to help me "wake the bike up". :rotf:

I can't wait to tell my grandchildren the new bedtime story ..,, and the little motorcycle was so tired she turned off her putt putt and closed her headlight and went to sleep. ...

shhhhh...VentureFar

Having never riden anything as big as a venture I was unsure if I could manage one. Tipped it over in driveway first week I had it. Then later that month at a stop sign, I put feet down but pavement dropped off on right side so I leaned over to right with wife on back. I got bike stopped from going all the way when she decided to help hold it up. Only problem is her foot was several inches from ground, so she grabbed hand hold and proceeded to pull bike over as she attempted to put foot down. Then saturday I was taking bike off center stand and it leaned away from me as it rolled off stand, pulling me over on bike as I tried to save it. Busted up my shin, broke right fairing and pushed air inlet grill off, breaking it, screwed up rt mirror, now it wont hold position, put scrapes in windshield. I got bike uprite and since I was checking tires prior to a color ride, we put 350mi on. I picked the wrong roads as we saw miles of scrub pine and forest fire remnants east of houghton and higgins lks. Color tour ended up being the colors of charcoal and green.

that's too funny, because I do that too. Never thought thou that it makes it hard on Alan. He always told me when he feels me moving back there he knows he picked the right country station. LOL:rotf:

The bride is a good rider but at times I'll tell her "SIT STILL" .When I got my 85 I had never had a radio on a bike so we would go for the tour and she's dancing on the back to the music. I thought it would pass but it got to be even more fun so I had to slow that down. They are big bikes.