IGNORED

Time for a new bike

Freebird

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can harley wait to take THIS one for a ride too.

I would let you ride this one as quick as I would let you ride the RSV again. :whistling:

I'm guessing we need a Harley section on here now to go with the Wing section we already have. :whistling: Since we do have a few of them as well.

Margaret

Heck, these guys bugged me for a Goldwing section and they hardly ever use it. Harley section would probably be the same. The Venture is the lifeblood of this place. Nothing wrong with that.

So a couple of things come to mind:

-Don, are you leaving a day or two early for the International??? just in case?

-Do we need to plan more MDs? Maybe about 1 a week,, 'then the crowd wouldn't be as big and it would be more intimate'.

-Will it tow a trailer,, I mean, empty to start with at least?

-Did they give you a 14 day money back guarantee, is that why you waited until now?

Hope you like it,, it looks new, and clean at present.

Sending Marcarl to the corner and putting on ignore. :rasberry:

Freebird hasn't posted since 8:39 this morning. We'd either send out a search party for him or be glad he likes the bike.

Maybe Don and Eileen are hitting all the local Harley dealers picking up clothing?

Been a busy day. Road over the the dealership this morning and picked up a drivers backrest, highway pegs and a trunk rack. Just finished installing those things. Bought some saddlebag guard rails but they had to order them and won't be here until Thursday.

What you don't realize is Dons out at Sears buying tools to try and keep the new bike on the road

Sent muffinman over to the corner to visit with Marcarl. :rasberry:

I'm betting they are at that "clothing store that sells bikes":rotf::rotfl:

WOW....it's getting CROWDED in the corner. :rasberry:

Running out of time if I want to ride it to Galena. Have to get a hitch ordered and here very quickly and get it installed and the lights lights hooked up for the trailer. Have to get intercom cable lowers order and get them here in time.

In addition to that, have to leave tomorrow morning for meetings in the Charleston, WV area and won't be back home until probably Thursday. If everything doesn't fall perfectly into place, you will probably see me on the RSV in Galena.

AND....I'll have you know that I haven't bought a SINGLE T-Shirt....well....Eileen bought a couple of things for herself and they gave me a T-Shirt but I didn't by one for me. Now I MAY have accidentally bought a cap this morning. :whistling:

I'll tell you this. That $1,000.00 in accessories didn't go far. I picked up the backrest, saddlebag guards, luggage rach and highway pegs. They gave me a 15% discount on all of that and I still blew through $700.00 On the other hand, those same items for the RSV probably cost me at least that much.

Guest tx2sturgis

I'll tell you this. That $1,000.00 in accessories didn't go far. I picked up the backrest, saddlebag guards, luggage rach and highway pegs. They gave me a 15% discount on all of that and I still blew through $700.00

And you haven't even paid the 'harley tax' yet...

:whistling:

HD...it stands for Hundreds of Dollars...everytime you walk in the dealer...

(which corner of this place is mine?)

:moon:

Edited by tx2sturgis

That would be my choice or the Victory Cross tour. Like the color combo too. Good luck!!

(so, whos taking bets on when the 99 goes up for sale?):smile5:

HEY!! I thought I had rights to this corner!!:think: Can Hardley turn around in here.:whistling: Hardley any room. Start a Hardly site?? It would Hardley get used as not very many Hardley's. It would Hardley be a place to hang out as there would Hardly be any body there!!!!

Guest tx2sturgis
HEY!! I thought I had rights to this corner!!:think: Can Hardley turn around in here.:whistling: Hardley any room. Start a Hardly site?? It would Hardley get used as not very many Hardley's. It would Hardley be a place to hang out as there would Hardly be any body there!!!!

We cant HARDLEY HEARRRR YOU!!!!!!!

:smile5:

Guest tx2sturgis

One of the big advantages to owning an FL is the huge amount of aftermarket goodies.

And speaking of goodies...Don, check these out...

I bought a set of these for my ElectraGlide and would never go back to the factory snap-on covers in the lower fairing:

http://eglidegoodies.com/id320.html

I prefer the non-locking ones, you can actually use the box while riding. But you can mix and match when ordering.

Enjoy!

VERY nice ride, Don! I know you're going to like it.

I ride with a buddy that has an '02 Road Glide Ultra (he had to do that part himself, now HD offers it! Go figure!) He also added the 103 kit with diamond cut heads. Now that's purty!

But any time I have trouble keeping up on my 1st Gen................ I just unplug 2 spark plugs!:whistling::rotf:

Edited by 86er

All the kidding aside Don.... let us know what your thoughts/comparisons are between the new ride and your 99 RSV. Fit/finish, quality of chrome, ride/handling comparison, mileage... once you get used to the HD.

Will be interesting for you to ride the HD for a while then take the Venture for a ride. Think that way you'll notice differences in ergonomics and handling.

Running out of time if I want to ride it to Galena. Have to get a hitch ordered and here very quickly and get it installed and the lights lights hooked up for the trailer. Have to get intercom cable lowers order and get them here in time.

In addition to that, have to leave tomorrow morning for meetings in the Charleston, WV area and won't be back home until probably Thursday. If everything doesn't fall perfectly into place, you will probably see me on the RSV in Galena.

Don, I ordered my hitch and wireing harness from Kuryakyn. All electical connections are plug and play for the Harley. Sierra Electronics had my lower cords to me in 3 days, but they were for the J & M headsets. You will love how the saddlebags come off to work on things. Just remember to keep those bags locked when not near the bike. To easy to steal. I added a trunk light to mine and it was plug and play also. Harley really thought things thru about adding accessories and directions are easy to follow.

All the kidding aside Don.... let us know what your thoughts/comparisons are between the new ride and your 99 RSV. Fit/finish, quality of chrome, ride/handling comparison, mileage... once you get used to the HD.

Will be interesting for you to ride the HD for a while then take the Venture for a ride. Think that way you'll notice differences in ergonomics and handling.

On my 86 VR I'll get around 40- 42 mpg day trippen 2 lanes at 60 mph.

On my 09 Ultra w/stage 1 kit, I'll get 45- 47 mpg ...I can't complain about that.

Congrats on The new ride Don but it will be strange having you at the back of the group trying to catch up when we go to dinner on Friday night next year.

Glad to know you will be keeping the Venture. Now we will not have to worry about how you will get to the HD shop to get replacement parts.

Now we know you have a trailer to pull behind that thing but the real question is when you will you get the trailer to put it on. I mean we would like to see you at the meets that would be a long distance ride for that thing. You know, the ones that are more than 100 miles away.

Finally, you will now be able to save money with that thing. Now you will not have to spend the money on AAA RV package to get the 100 mile tow coverage. You now will not have to worry about being that far away from home on that thing.

I already have some initial thoughts and comparisons between the two. Some positives and some negatives. I'll have more by the time we get back from Galena I'm sure. I'll probably start another thread and post some comparisons.

and YES...I DO anticipate making it all the way to Galena and back home with no issues. :) That being said, the last Harley I bought was a 1986 FXRD in 1998. It only had about 15,000 miles on it. I flew from Dallas, TX to pick it up and ride it home from Tulsa, OK. It was a one owner and very well maintained....really looked like a new bike. No major problems on the ride back to Dallas EXCEPT the horn fell off. :( Vibration had finally cracked the bracket.

All ribbing aside, what was the deciding factor or factors that made you decide on a HD Roadglide Ultra? I'm looking to buy probably next spring and am tossing up between that one and the Vic CCT. I'm sure a lot of thought went into your decision so just curios of what put the HD at the top of the list.

OK...I'll go ahead and own up to it. REMEMBER though...you can't kick me out because I still have my RSV. :)

So...without further ado....here it is. Parts department was closed by the time I got the deal wrapped up but they are open tomorrow and I'll be going first thing to pick up the drivers backrest, highway pegs and whatever else I decide I need right now.

2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra.

NICE NICE NICE Good choice.