IGNORED

Changed shock & lowered, vibration

2007 RS Venture 11,700K

Down under bike last week to check rear tire pressure. Oil on shock, read info on site, realized I'm hooped.

I ordered a Hagon shock and because I would have it apart anyway and wanted to lower a bit, also ordered a Barons lowering kit. Installed both yesterday.

My bike has always seemed to have too tall a gear ratio, get engine lugging at speeds under 55MPH in O/D and the associated vibration. Feels as you can feel each cylinder fire. Same in each gear depending on engine RPM and load. At 75 MPH, smooth as can be, but good for ticket!!!!!

Since changing shock and lowering kit the vibration is much more noticable. Got my wife to come for a ride, did not mention vibration, and asked her if shock felt better. She immediatly said there is a strong vibration whenever engine under load. Just enough throttle to climb hills at highway speeds.

Any ideas.

Does lowering change geometry enough, or does non air type shock maybe transmit vibrations more. :(

Sounds to me that you're just lugging the engine. Remember, these bikes like higher RPMs, not like a v-twin. When I first got my RSV I thought it didn't have much power. Then I learned things from this site that set me straight. Wind it out, man!

I just put a new hagon on two weeks ago aswell as the vmax rearend and have nothing but great things to say about both The rearend really puts the bike in its sweet spot. Smooth and great accel.

Sounds to me that you're just lugging the engine. Remember, these bikes like higher RPMs, not like a v-twin. When I first got my RSV I thought it didn't have much power. Then I learned things from this site that set me straight. Wind it out, man!

Second that, under much load, 55 mph is fourth gear to me, sometimes even third. If you have added a tach, keep it above 3,000 rpm. To give you an idea, next time you get on interstate, take it all the way to the rev limiter in second or even better third gear. It has a rev limiter and this won't hurt them, most think its good for them, and it also increases the fun factor.

As most here will say, Ride it like you stole it!!!!:cool10:

Well, the vibration was not nearly as strong the day before, therefore I start undoing what I just did. Lowering kit comes off, then will see!

I hope you get it figured, If not Ill be riding thru there in about 2 1/2 weeks and we could get together for a coffee and compare notes. You could take my 03 for a spin to see if the vibration is a normal thing.

I hope that you managed to keep dry with all the flooding in the area around you a couple of weeks ago.

Brian

I think both suggestions

1. Get carbs sync and

2. Get Vmax gearing

are both great. Bike only has under 7000 miles, but is 6 years old. Get carbs checked before I pull off the lowering kit. I do have short legs!!!

Thanks