IGNORED

On a two week Northrn Ontario ride

dogman

Our trip didn't start as planned. We left Saturday June 29th and where suppose to go in a hot air ballon ride, but the weather didn't allow this to happen.

Spent the night in Ipperwash on Lake Huron and rode thru many nice small towns.

Today we are riding every road we can find along Lake Huron to Southampton and look for a camp site there.

Eventually riding to Thunderbay then east to Ottawa to finish with a white water adventure.

Hey Dave: Have a great trip. Hope the weather co-operates for you guys. Just came back from Thunder bay,saw lots of bikes and it rained pretty hard at times. Not many bridges on 17 Hwy to hide under. Ride safe, tell Bernie to take lots of pictures and we will get together when you get back.

Have a nice trip Dave. I left sat morning took a scenic ride up past parry sound across 124 were I stopped at a friends cottage. Went into Dunchurch by boat to watch the fireworks and then back home getting home at 3:30 this morning

Guest Swifty

Today we are riding every road we can find along Lake Huron to Southampton and look for a camp site.

Did you see the guy walkin up from one of the beach access points at the south end South Hampton, and he sees a black 2nd gen towing a LeisureLite, mumbles to himself that it is probably Dogman and then he sends out a hearty wave, your passenger waves back......yup, it was me!!

Dave that was Bernie waving, but we didnt Know it was you. Too bad we would have stopped.

We had difficulty getting a camp site, we had to go to 3 camp grounds before we found a spot. They took pitty on us and let us stay on an empty permanent site. Sleeping with the big trailers tonight in Port Elgin

Tomorrow we catch the 3:45 ferry to Manitoulin

Ride EXTRA SAFE :080402gudl_prv:

Charlie & Tess

Thanks Charlie. I kept at the bike and air wings and got them installed. Wow what a difference. Huge air flow that we never got before.

I will make a post about them and let Southbound know how good they worked for us.

On the North shore of Manitoulin Island is Little Current and just before you cross the swing bridge there is a little "trailer" stand that sells some of the best smoked fish I have ever had. It's been 6 years since I was up there but that fish was good. You buy it at the window and eat at their picnic tables.

Swing Bridge

on Highway 6

This bridge was built in 1913 originally as a rail bridge at the narrowest point of the North Channel.. It had to manually opened by eight men, taking 20 minutes. It is now opened for boats (on the hour) using a gasoline engine. Over 3000 boats a year pass under the bridge.

KarlS, thanks for the tip. We are leaving early tomorrow morning. If it is open we will stop in. We are leaving the island that way

Angry Amish, yes we are towing a leisure lite trailer.

We rode around Manitoulin Island today for 10 hours. Saw Bridal falls, Mississaugi light house near Meldrum Bay. Had a great lunch at Stop 540. The owner, cook and waitress was a spry 80 year young lady. The food and homemade pies where outstanding. She has sold the business and turning it over in August. She thinks its about time to slow down. Anyone in the area wanting some great food at really good prices better get there before she turns it over.

Some pics of today.

Gravel road for approx 14kms which was partially covered with water in one spot.

[ATTACH]78223[/ATTACH]

At Bridal falls

[ATTACH]78224[/ATTACH]

Under/behind the falls

[ATTACH]78225[/ATTACH]

At the light house

[ATTACH]78227

Edited by dogman
Put same photo in twice

In Batchawana Bay. Looking out into Lake Superior. What a great view.

BBQ'd some shrimp and salmon after we set up camp.

Does life get any better

[ATTACH]78298[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]78299[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]78300[/ATTACH]