IGNORED

Very sad news

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks...this just knocked me for a loop. Those of you who never met Gunboat have no idea what a true gentleman he was. He was a friend to all and truly would, and did, go out of his way to help so many here. I'm just sitting here shaking my head in disbelief. Life is so precious and this is just another example of how important it is to do our best to make each and every day something special.

Godspeed my friend and prayers going out for his family, loved ones, friends.

I just received the news from Dave, and like many of you, I'm devastated. Don was one of my best and most trusted friends, he is the main reason we are here in the Houston area.

To say I am numb is an understatement, the tears come and go, as I'm sure they will continue to. I'm usually good with expressing things, but right now words escape me. I have lost one of my best friends and there is a huge hole in me. As we find out more details and such Dave or I will come on and keep y'all informed.

Please keep this Texas crew in your prayers, Don meant quite a lot to many of us....God Speed Pop....

I met Don over at Brads house in Texas about 2 years ago, Jamie and I were there to pick up a motor for my 83 and Brad through together a M&E. Don was a great guy, never got to ride with him, but from meeting him for that short time he was a total gentleman and one nice guy. Our prayers are with his family at this awful time. God Bless and God speed Gunboat.

Wow so hard to believe that Gunboat is gone. He will always be in our hearts and prayers. Especially every time we eat Blue Bell Ice Cream because that was a favorite of his.

We are one of the Houston crew, and we rode our bike to a wedding in Madison, Alabama.

We will dedicate the rest of our ride home to Gunboat.

Rest in Peace Gunboat you will be missed by so many of us.

Hal n Val

I'm so sad to hear of the passing of Gunboat. I never had the honor of meeting him, but had corrosponded with him on more than one occation over the years.

It's very obvious from reading the posts of folks that knew him, I missed out on meeting a wonderful man.

I am praying for his family.

Very sad news indeed. Don was the first person we met on the site at the Kitchener International. He really made us feel welcome and special and made sure he introduced us around to others.

We saw him at the New York International and at Don's MD. As others have said he was a true Gentleman.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and Daughter who we had also met.

Squidly we hope you and your other Texan brothers will be able to help each other thru this loss.

Edited by dogman
Mistake in a phrasing

I met him once at MD-2011 next to the Campfire near Don's Pond. Beautiful Starry Nite and we talked about Living Life to the Fullest... and he walked the talk. He was VERY KIND HEARTED GENTLEMAN. You know when you spent just 1 hour with someone 3 years ago that is how much of an impact he had on all people including me. Heaven just got an upgrade...GODSPEED. He would want us to celebrate his life after the shock has warn off.

Charlie & Tess